How do you sell your eggs? Pics if possible

• 6 Replies

cammi

• Experienced Member
How do you sell your eggs? Pics if possible
« on: October 08, 2013, 09:58 »
I have in the past sold my eggs at the front door, theres use a convenient ledge near the door so put eggs boxes out in a basket to sell with a notice hanging from the porch. People would take their eggs and just pop the money through the letter box.  Well now we have moved we have a longer drive, so don't want to make people walk up to the front door cause as a buyer I find that off putting, so i was wondering, how and what other people use to keep their boxes of eggs in to keep them dry etc.  I know this sounds silly but I don't just want to plonk them out in a cold box, I want them to look appealing.  Would a plastic tub do for the money, theres only going to be a couple of boxes out at a time?

I'm sure some of you have come up with brilliant ideas and constructions, so piccies would be nice.

Many thanks
11 Chickens (Rhode Rock, Bluebell, Copper Black, Columbine, Coucou, Mystery Hen, Clarance Court, Araucana, brown hen ) , 3 Cats (1 mog, 1 bengal, 1 Bengal x),  2 Little Boys, 1 dog (Golden Retriever) and 1 Husband

JaK

• Happy half plot.
Re: How do you sell your eggs? Pics if possible
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 10:24 »
I bought a large amount of green boxes from ebay, they look good with all the different coloured eggs inside them, they help to show off the blue and green eggs.
Be careful about how you sell the eggs, a lot of sellers around here have money or eggs stolen. I sell by order only. Could you put a sign out to show you have eggs available, I'm sure neighbours would then become regular buyers.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 16:04 »
We have a long drive, but when we sold lots of eggs, they were in a purple box turned on its side so that people could see the eggs were there, and a little tin for the money.

Brian made me a sign board to stand outside with my laminated sign telling people we had fresh eggs for sale.  It didn't take people long to get used to it, and even now, when we only sell to a couple of regulars, people still knock and ask even though there's no sign outside anymore!

Too easy to steal when they are near the road!  :(

cammi

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 19:53 »
JaK yes i have some nice boxes too, what do you then stand the boxes in to keep them dry?

GrannieAnnie yes we used to get knocks on the door too, when we hadn't got any out.  I still have my laminated sign lol just need to find a way of 'putting them outside'

Madame Cholet

• Location: Thrapston=Home & garden Lotty=Ringstead East Northants
  • remember you're a womble
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 19:57 »
Some creative folks around here have mini market stalls
Diary at- http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=85680.75

Comments at- http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=85681.15

To good friends, good food and dirty hands

Underground overground wombling free

Debbieta

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 20:42 »
Hi,
My daughter sells her quail eggs, with a sign outside when we are in and have 'stock'. However we have now gained 'regulars' who sometimes phone us to make sure we have eggs as we are pretty rural.  They also return the plastic boxes too!  Some people just stop on the off chance.

Sassy

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 10:17 »
There have been problems with money and eggs being stolen here as well. One chap has a tube to post the money down that goes to the other side of his hedge and presumably into a secure box. An attractive board/sign will gain attention and you could, as already mentioned mark on it when eggs are available. :)
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted!!

xx
how much do you sell your eggs for?

Started by jonandjen16 on The Hen House

20 Replies
Last post July 06, 2008, 17:23
by Kate and her Ducks
xx
How much do you sell your eggs for??

Started by matilda duck on The Hen House

21 Replies
Last post February 01, 2009, 20:08
by andreadon
xx
Eggs how much do you sell them for?

Started by orchardlady on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post October 06, 2010, 19:49
by jinty1911
xx
how much do you sell your eggs for???

Started by chickychick on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post November 09, 2007, 15:21
by Cheshire Chickens

Page created in 0.248 seconds with 36 queries.