whats rong with my chicken

• 2 Replies

Xxluke11xX

whats rong with my chicken
« on: August 15, 2010, 16:02 »
Hi i have 7 chickens in all but two of them a speckled sussex and a cukoo maran have like a cold my cukoo is laying and running round and my speckled sussex is eating and runnning round. What a cant understand is why because all my others are fine laying red combs and they have been like this for months now i tried some antibiotics about to months ago worked for a bit then they both started again they have clean bedding every week any answers would be good thanks luke :)
L.B

hillfooter

Re: whats rong with my chicken
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 16:14 »
We can probably tell you what it is it's Mycoplasma (Chronic Respiratory Disease) usually brought on by stress.  Try googling this topic and learniing a bit about it. 

What was the a/b and how long did you treat them for.  Did they have at least 7 days?  What could be causing the stress?  Have you an infestation og Red Mite or could something else be stressing them like a dog/ cat, poor husbandry, foxes, inappropriate housing, bad feeding practises, running out of water or feed,  new chicken introductions the list is endless.  The balls in your court to find the cause really as we can tell you what the illness is but we would be just guessing about the causes of stress.  Remember what's stressful to a chicken might not be for you.
HF
Truth through science.

Xxluke11xX

Re: whats rong with my chicken
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 17:01 »
hi hf i went to my local vets and they gave it to me it i cant remeber what it was called but they didnt really no what to do because they dont normally have chickens there its normally cats and dogs i did try looking for tylan of batryil i think there the names. As for stress i can only think of my dog but he has been brought up with them and dosent batter an eyelid over them or it could be my neighbours they have 5 kids that scream all day drives me mental >:(

xx
Whats this method called? Prepping/skinning chicken for breast and leg

Started by nuzuki on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post February 27, 2013, 12:19
by ANHBUC
xx
Whats the best way

Started by nzdunn on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post July 31, 2009, 13:54
by nzdunn
xx
whats the best way

Started by shaunie on The Hen House

22 Replies
Last post November 18, 2009, 20:10
by karlooben
xx
whats best

Started by oborne27 on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post June 11, 2010, 20:33
by oborne27

Page created in 0.231 seconds with 29 queries.