Whats this method called? Prepping/skinning chicken for breast and leg

• 4 Replies

nuzuki

• Experienced Member
I know GrannieAnnie made a post recently showing her bantam meat all prepared. I would like to use this method to prepare 3 cockerals I have which will be ready soon. Is there a term for this method of preparation? So far we have prepared a whole bird for roasting but this other way seems quicker and easier to me. I guess im really looking for a how to guide or youtube video to get me started but unsure what to search for.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Think that might have been my thread nuzuki. 

Jointing a chicken.

www.bbc.co.uk/food/techniques/jointing_chicken

;)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

PaulineM

Hi
I'm not sure if this is what you are talking about but I was taught a few years ago how to remove the meat from a pheasant.
The bird is dead (obviously) but has not been plucked or gutted etc. Cut through the skin near the breast, pull the skin away exposing the breast, now removed the breast from the carcase. Continue to pull skin away until you expose the legs, cut these away from carcase. Now dispose of what is remaining of the bird.
I'm not sure what this method is called but its very quick, clean and easy :)
1 Hubby, 2 children, 2 Welsummers, 1 Leghorn Banty, 1 Wyandotte Banty, 1 Barnevelder, 2 Isa Brown, 1 Rhode Island, 1 Goldline,1 Maran, 2 Mottled Leghorns, 1 Leghorn cockerel & 2 Jack Russells

nuzuki

• Experienced Member
Thanks for the replies :) Yes sorry ANHBUC it was your post I remember now. So "jointing chicken" im guessing is the term. Thanks for the link and thanks for the worded description Pauline. Is there any special tools required or just a sharp knife? Any other tips on hows best to do this method? I imagine pulling the skin off can be a bit tricky.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
The skin comes off easily.  If you are jointing your chicken you can just peel the skin off at the end.  If you are not plucking first it is best to skin and then joint the chicken.  Just a very sharp knife is needed and a little bit of strength of course.   ;)

xx
Bare breast in broody chicken

Started by evie2 on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post April 02, 2011, 21:16
by Chookiechook
xx
Chicken losing feathers on her breast

Started by Cal. on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post November 06, 2021, 19:11
by New shoot
xx
my chicken dropped nearly all her breast feathers today

Started by atwickwitch on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post November 25, 2011, 08:42
by atwickwitch
question
whats rong with my chicken

Started by Xxluke11xX on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post August 15, 2010, 17:01
by Xxluke11xX

Page created in 0.281 seconds with 36 queries.