Won't bother with that again

• 24 Replies

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: Won't bother with that again
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 22:53 »
If you do grow from seed next time, and find a whole packet is too much, put a post on the swap shop on here!  Some of us did that a couple of years back, and we swapped different varieties.  I ended up growing 22 different kinds of tomatoes that year!

Not to hi-jack the thread but another forum I frequent has a "pass the parcel" section, names are collected, and then a jiffy bag with LOADS of different varieties is passed down the list. It works really well.

A tomato pass the parcel would allow far more people just to try varieties.

I did one of these 'round robins' on River Cottage once, and the 'parcel' kept disappearing!

Paul Plots

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 22:57 »
I've found T&M good to deal with. This year, after about three weeks, a seed order failed to arrive from them. I emailed and they immediately sent out another apologising for carrier problems.

Both the original and replacement arrived on the same day soon afterwards.  ::) I asked what they wanted me to do to return the duplicate and was told to keep them with their compliments.  :happy:

I also bought some petunias from T&M - the tinniest of plant plugs. They arrived looking healthy and well packed and have grown into stomping plants. Good value for money in my experience.
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 23:19 »
I've found T&M good to deal with. This year, after about three weeks, a seed order failed to arrive from them. I emailed and they immediately sent out another apologising for carrier problems.
Both the original and replacement arrived

I had the same trouble this year, and the same response....... even the same outcome  :D

Paul Plots

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 23:27 »
Both the original and replacement arrived

I had the same trouble this year, and the same response....... even the same outcome  :D

1/2 price seeds and delivery will certainly attract more customers even if it takes twice as long to receive them.

Perhaps it's a deliberate ploy?  :unsure:  :lol:

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2011, 23:28 »
I've struggled with T&M and although they may have a good complaints/refund/replacement procedure I'd just rather they did 'what they say on the tin' and delivered what and when they say originally.  A lot of people I speak to say the same thing, and they aren't cheap -plus delivery can pack a punch.

Ordering online is a must fora lot of people these days understandably, so I want a service that does what it says.

Fothergills recently were excellent for me (the strawb and chillies offers), but Id always rather plant seeds where I can, and if I have to buy plugs, then I've used Homebase - excellent quality and usually more in the strip than is advertised.
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

Paul Plots

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 23:35 »
Ordering on-line? Jersey Plants were brilliant value but I prefer to grow from seed whenever I can.

Ebay is something I'd be very cautious of using again. The flipping fly-mo 2 stroke petrol hover mower never has worked well since I bought it for the allotment paths.  :(

Kajazy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 00:50 »
Anyone ever used Vegetableplantsdirect? They seem to have a pretty comprehensive and reasonably priced range - so what's the catch?!  ;)

Growster...

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 06:11 »
Marshalls lost all our business when they pulled that stunt on us.

Their spud delivery was so late, I think we gave up earlies that year...

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 07:12 »
Ebay is something I'd be very cautious of using again. The flipping fly-mo 2 stroke petrol hover mower never has worked well since I bought it for the allotment paths.  :(

I think that's slightly unfair, given the number of sellers available to choose from. Better to check their feedback thoroughly before you commit to a purchase or even bid.

:)
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

kevinp

• Experienced Member
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2011, 07:45 »
I have used Premier seeds direct quite a few times now they are an ebay seller and have been very pleased with the service normally 2 days from ordering and the seeds have all been very good and at 99p per packet I think they are good value.
I also use real seeds and again you get a very quick service from them. I have found that with the bigger company's t&m dobies etc they are all the same company and they never give a date for when things are due to arrive.

I also had the same problem with the cheap strawberry offer bought 36 plants and everyone died

xx
Why bother ?

Started by hubballi on Grow Your Own

44 Replies
Last post August 20, 2010, 15:03
by julieanne1811
xx
oh bother!!!

Started by starry on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post May 12, 2011, 10:19
by Paul Plots
xx
Bother with butternuts

Started by Totty on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post August 07, 2010, 21:57
by Junie
xx
brussels bother

Started by hiccup on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post November 26, 2014, 20:11
by hiccup

Page created in 0.33 seconds with 31 queries.