Early Morning Club

• 2706 Replies

Growster...

Re: Early Morning Club
« Reply #405 on: May 04, 2014, 06:05 »
It's the time of the season, Ma! Always so much to think about and do!

I've always got at least six projects on the boil, and today's is a seventh, so yes, plenty to do in this fine weather!

Enjoy your day eh?

Ma Lowe

• Allotment owner from Feb 2014
« Reply #406 on: May 04, 2014, 06:44 »
It's the time of the season, Ma! Always so much to think about and do!

I've always got at least six projects on the boil, and today's is a seventh, so yes, plenty to do in this fine weather!

Enjoy your day eh?

I hope it brightens up Growster cos it's not looking very nice out there. I think maybe I am letting tittle tattle amongst plotters about our path from garden fence to plot, bother me. Why are some people so vindictive. We are not harming anyone other than the person who now owns the plot next to us and he was ok with it especially as the council,had already told him about it but all this gathering of people whispering and pointing in our direction is starting to get to me and is making me think twice about having the damned allotment in the first place.  :(

Growster...

« Reply #407 on: May 04, 2014, 07:45 »
'Nil illegitimi carborundum', Ma!

There's a spare plot right next to us, so you come down here and get away from all that! We'll welcome you with open arms!

;0)

Ma Lowe

« Reply #408 on: May 04, 2014, 08:01 »
'Nil illegitimi carborundum', Ma!

There's a spare plot right next to us, so you come down here and get away from all that! We'll welcome you with open arms!

;0)

Awww thanks Growster, I would LOVE to be down your way but it's a tad too far to be wheeling me barrow and tools to  :lol:

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #409 on: May 04, 2014, 09:56 »
Up and out early this morning to a table top sale with cakes, cards, fudge, chutney and paintings. Unfortunately most customers and sellers decided to give it a miss, partly due to last month's being a wash out and this time the weather wasn't great, partly because it was the first ever in the village last time and was quiet. Only five sellers this time, two left at 9, one left at ten and us last two felt sorry for the organiser and stayed another hour.

Ah well better luck next week. Different site, more established.

Martin70

« Reply #410 on: May 04, 2014, 09:58 »
Off out for lunch today so going to put a couple of hours now into getting the pots ready in the greenhouse for planting the seedlings into tomorrow.

Paul Plots

« Reply #411 on: May 05, 2014, 03:03 »
What a lot of chatter so early in the morning... good!!  :)

I've had very confusalled mornings for the last two or three nights. Bed times started even later than usual and morning came around several times - left me feeling  :wacko:

My mother stopped moving along with her walking-frame on her way to the batroom on Friday morning then... kerplonk! Fortunately I decided to move around behind her just in time so lowered her to the floor. Out like a light she was... Stuffed cushions around her and nine-nine-nined for help.

Paramedic arrived by which time she had come-around confused but OK. Blood pressure had dropped for unknown reason. Waited for phone call from the doc after paramedic visited them for speed but doctor decided not to visit but send in the District Nurse instead. Still waiting two days later as I suspected. I doubt if we'll see the district nurse until Thursday if we're lucky.

I trouped to the surgery.... and after two more visits and a possible confirmation have antibiotics for a urniary infection....but only after I asked if the surgery would accept a sample for immediate testing.

So... no sleep for the wicked. I stayed awake for two nights as my mother simply clambers / flops oput of bed rather than call me so I had to stay awake. Hard going when you have most of the day to cover too.

Better tonight (fingers crossed) and I'm leaving her to it until 3am when I'll nip over and then stay through for tea, pills and breakfast ready to look after her through to Wednesday when I have a few hours off.

Oh don't I go on when I'm tired!!!  :ohmy:

Ma Lowe..... my dad had a wonderful saying when people talked rubbish on the plot: "What a load of c***" Normally he was a very patient chap but when someone cam out with something totally ridiculous he dismissed it with those few words and that was that.

Stop worrying about that there path of yours. Whistle as you go and ignore the gossips.  ;)
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Paul Plots

« Reply #412 on: May 05, 2014, 05:30 »
Well... that was good I nearly got to sleep..... nearly.

My mother groaned in the other room as her knees hurt when she began to get out of bed for the loo. Thank heavens for groans - as per usual she didn't call me and we risked another crash.

One a night is more than enough.  :mellow:

miggs

« Reply #413 on: May 05, 2014, 07:21 »
A bit late now but, good morning all. :)

Paul Plots

« Reply #414 on: May 05, 2014, 07:34 »

Ever so late!!  Some of us have done nearly a full shift on this Bank holiday Monday - ready for the day shift soon.  :wacko:

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #415 on: May 05, 2014, 08:17 »

Ever so late!!  Some of us have done nearly a full shift on this Bank holiday Monday - ready for the day shift soon.  :wacko:

I honestly don't know how you do it - I am full of admiration for people like you.

Ma Lowe

« Reply #416 on: May 05, 2014, 08:56 »
What a lot of chatter so early in the morning... good!!  :)

I've had very confusalled mornings for the last two or three nights. Bed times started even later than usual and morning came around several times - left me feeling  :wacko:

My mother stopped moving along with her walking-frame on her way to the batroom on Friday morning then... kerplonk! Fortunately I decided to move around behind her just in time so lowered her to the floor. Out like a light she was... Stuffed cushions around her and nine-nine-nined for help.

Paramedic arrived by which time she had come-around confused but OK. Blood pressure had dropped for unknown reason. Waited for phone call from the doc after paramedic visited them for speed but doctor decided not to visit but send in the District Nurse instead. Still waiting two days later as I suspected. I doubt if we'll see the district nurse until Thursday if we're lucky.

I trouped to the surgery.... and after two more visits and a possible confirmation have antibiotics for a urniary infection....but only after I asked if the surgery would accept a sample for immediate testing.

So... no sleep for the wicked. I stayed awake for two nights as my mother simply clambers / flops oput of bed rather than call me so I had to stay awake. Hard going when you have most of the day to cover too.

Better tonight (fingers crossed) and I'm leaving her to it until 3am when I'll nip over and then stay through for tea, pills and breakfast ready to look after her through to Wednesday when I have a few hours off.

Oh don't I go on when I'm tired!!!  :ohmy:

Ma Lowe..... my dad had a wonderful saying when people talked rubbish on the plot: "What a load of c***" Normally he was a very patient chap but when someone cam out with something totally ridiculous he dismissed it with those few words and that was that.

Stop worrying about that there path of yours. Whistle as you go and ignore the gossips.  ;)

Paul you amaze me with how calm you stay with not even having a wink of sleep. You truly are a son to be proud of. Hope your mum gets better and yes I will heed your advise and stop worrying what others say or else I am going to stress myself out over this. Shame I can't whistle though but I can hum a good tune  ;)

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #417 on: May 06, 2014, 02:56 »
Morning all. Just me, the dogs and the nightingale having some quiet(ish) time before the busy day starts. :)

Trillium

« Reply #418 on: May 06, 2014, 03:27 »
Paul, can you not access some sort of district visiting nurses for some evening relief? Everyone deserves a decent sleep, especially when you're also on day shift.

Paul Plots

« Reply #419 on: May 06, 2014, 06:15 »
Good morning (again) already! Two mornings today - 1st at 4am and a 2nd at 5:50 so can't complain as I slept in-between and before.  :)

Paul, can you not access some sort of district visiting nurses for some evening relief? Everyone deserves a decent sleep, especially when you're also on day shift.

In the past I have been given this... a night-sitter.. but I couldn't even manage to encourage the doctor to visit last Friday. He contacted the District Nurse who, I was told, would visit the following day (Saturday). As I predicted.... we're still waiting so no further medical check-up and no chance of any support yet.

The antibiotics I persuaded the surgery to issue seem to have helped - less confused, not quite so tired and managing to stand-up without out falling (mostly).

I will be on the phone again this morning - several years of experience now.  ::)

Ma Lowe how about singing and humming out of tune loudly. That'll keep the natterers at bay.  :lol:

xx
Early morning bird antics, happen to you?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post July 06, 2023, 11:57
by DanielCoffey
xx
Book Club - the film

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post June 05, 2018, 15:34
by mrs bouquet
xx
Morning all :)

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

222 Replies
Last post July 29, 2018, 10:01
by Growster...
xx
Went to my local Gardening Club evening...

Started by Rhys on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post February 26, 2018, 21:49
by Rhys

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 45 queries.