Plot update!

• 4 Replies

Jaye

• Experienced Member
Plot update!
« on: January 26, 2008, 08:45 »
I am carrying on with creating my veggie plot in the garden. My plot will be 19ft wide by 9ft long. Basically it goes across the end of the garden and leaves enough lawn for the kids to play I think. I am thinking of creating 3 4ftx4ft raised beds separated by vertical 3 ft paths. Then there will be a 3ft path going along horizontally and a 18ft x 2ft long raised bed along the northern edge with possibly a hazel fence on it's northern edge so I can grow fruit bushes against it. I will probably end up using square foot gardening techniques (which my hubby seems quite taken with - it's the maths element I think) , and as it's a little shady will have to a lot of shade loving veg but I think that shade will only really be an issue on the most southern side of the plot (where it is directly in the shade of the neighbours conifers).

Is that an okay size plot? I can grow really really sun-loving things / herbs in pots on the patio if necessary and tomatoes in the lean to.

Jaye

wildeone

Plot update!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 08:49 »
The only thing that sounds not right is the fence on the south of the plot .... wouldn't this block even more light???

Jaye

• Experienced Member
Plot update!
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 08:52 »
i think i've got my north and south backwards.....all through that post....

I have now edited it so it makes sense. Dunno what my brain was doing when I posted the first time. Duh!

Jaye

WG.

Plot update!
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 08:56 »
How about a diagram to include North?  Nothing fancy but a quick JPG out of MS Paint or similar?

Jaye

• Experienced Member
Plot update!
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 09:22 »
i had thought about it wg but i wasn't sure i am clever enhough and hubby is still asleep!

I will try and do one this afternoon / this evening and post it then :) I need to do some housework now!

Jaye

xx
my first veg plot update.

Started by moggy on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post January 15, 2008, 12:26
by The Thin Blue Line
xx
plot update

Started by andyk on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post September 14, 2007, 12:02
by WG.
xx
Plot picture update.

Started by Sadgit on Grow Your Own

15 Replies
Last post June 06, 2008, 10:08
by Sadgit
xx
Update on my veggie plot

Started by Oliveview on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post November 02, 2006, 09:43
by John

Page created in 0.331 seconds with 31 queries.