BBC Gardeners' World

• 35 Replies

scentedstock

BBC Gardeners' World
« on: February 29, 2008, 20:09 »
This new series has just started and it's already made me weak!! Just pointless films and uninteresting presenters.

shaun

BBC Gardeners' World
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 20:15 »
cant be bothered with it,the 3 baffoons who present it know nowt and they wind me up just thinking about them.
was it any good ? :wink:
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

scentedstock

BBC Gardeners' World
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 20:17 »
It's on TV now. The first 16 minutes have been spent telling us how to plant an orchard!!! Can't wait to do it in my small garden tomorrow!! Get a grip.

shaun

BBC Gardeners' World
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 20:19 »
drat and double drat i should have sky + it  :roll:  :wink:

scentedstock

BBC Gardeners' World
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 20:20 »
they are now testing what is the best local apples or from abroad!! what the f**k is this to do with the act of actual gardening.

i would turn off but they are featuring an allotment at some point. my blood is  nearly boiling over already. AAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

There is a funny looking new female presenter with ginger hair, glasses and a funny hat.

shaun

BBC Gardeners' World
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 20:22 »
no calm down and have some prozac and a large redbull and vodka  :wink:

fletch

• Experienced Member
BBC Gardeners' World
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 21:19 »
Hmmm, I've looked forward to GW coming back on and I can normally watch ANY gardening programme and find something useful in it but that was just a load of tosh.

God help anyone new to gardening tuning in, they won't be tuning in to the rest of the series.  :roll:
First timer, NOT enjoying the backache anymore!

shaun

BBC Gardeners' World
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 21:20 »
did monty have thos cord trousers on with his braces ?

Ice

• muck spreader
BBC Gardeners' World
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 21:23 »
A dull and depressing presenter with a dishevelled, yoghurt knitting sidekick.  Lots of things for people that have very large gardens.  Nothing there for me.  Won't be watching that again. :roll:
Cheese makes everything better.

fletch

• Experienced Member
BBC Gardeners' World
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008, 23:11 »
dishevelled, yoghurt knitting sidekick

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Deano

BBC Gardeners' World
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 00:01 »
I quite enjoyed it, then again i'll watch anyone talking about growing. We can all have an orchard, even small gardens, those mini trees in pots are only big trees on dwarf rootstocks. As for the apple tree pruning feature i thought that was excellent. The new 'presenter' isn't new she's the real gardener who does all the work when the cameras aren't there, to call her names without knowing who she is is pretty immature.

Then again i reckon everyone is getting itchy sowing fingers and were really just envious that others were out 'doing the biz'.

Anyway, happy growing all.

Big love.
It's a fine line between hobby and mental illness.

compo

• Experienced Member
    • west end cleaning
BBC Gardeners' World
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 08:06 »
Testing food to see which tastes better is always a good idea, especially for those that eat out of cellophane and foil most of the time. Some people need educating about real food, and programs like this are the platform to do it. I cant wait to see the allotment part, again educational to those that may need it. The program may have been a bit basic to some, but as the first in the new series, good to get beginners hooked, which surely makes for a better world?  :wink:
Politicians are like nappies - they need changing for the same reason

Ruby Red

BBC Gardeners' World
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008, 08:28 »
I also enjoy any programme about growing. Anything that can get people to stop buying foreign fruit and veg when we grow it here is a bonus as far as Im concerned. A taste test was a good idea especially as it could encourage ppl to grow local variaties. I hope they do the same with all fruit and veg. Yesterday at work a pack of brocolli and cauli came through my till from spain. For gods sake why.In a jokie way I pointed it out to the customer and he agreed it was bad and whats the country coming to but . . . he still bought it.  :? We had some beautiful broc and caulis in.
Oh for those halcyon days of England long ago

Fenland Girl

• Experienced Member
BBC Gardeners' World
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2008, 08:53 »
Well, I actually enjoyed GW last night! It's a Friday night ritual for me and OH, one of the few things we sit down and watch together (although he couldn't get his sisterof the phone last night and missed most of it!). As we are planning to plant a mini-orchard in our front garden it was really helpful. And at least virtually the whole hour was devoted to 'food' growing rather than ornamental gardening, which is always encouraging. And I love Monty  :D .

mumof4

BBC Gardeners' World
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2008, 11:56 »
I missed it and forgot to sky+ (made sure i've done it now)it does anyone know if it is repeated.

xx
Gardeners world Alain T

Started by Caretaker on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post July 02, 2011, 19:51
by topgardener
xx
Gardeners' World & global warming

Started by Bernard on General Gardening

23 Replies
Last post June 30, 2008, 19:41
by johnathome
xx
The best fertiliser is a gardeners shadow.

Started by Stree on General Gardening

20 Replies
Last post June 10, 2013, 18:23
by Yorkie
xx
Gardener's World

Started by zebraff on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post July 26, 2007, 08:53
by zebraff

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 28 queries.