Tomatoes - slow growth

• 18 Replies

bigben

Re: Tomatoes - slow growth
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 12:34 »
My sungolds and golden cherry in the greenhouse are doing really well compared to the stuff I have out of doors. This is really small - I agree it is likely to be the cool nights. I might be looking for a green tomatoe chutney recipe later in the year!

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2011, 12:36 »
Brian got a bit over zealous one year and took the top off some of my toms, But I let 1 nice strong side shoot take over and that became the new main stem.

All of my toms are small too, partly because the first lot didn't germinate too well.  Harry from the village said oh I'vew gots lots of tomato plants and they've got fruit on, do you want some?  Very kind of him, but I've got plenty, and they'll catch up with his soon!!!! lol

Scullion

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2011, 14:29 »
You think you've got problems, you want to see how my tomato plants turned out....  :(

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=78279.0

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 14:53 »
First year with a greenhouse so first time I've grown more than one variety, and it's quite interesting how they now vary given that they were sown on the same day and given the same growing conditions since then.

The Marmande and Inca cordons are about 3 feet high, but the Sweet Million bushes are about 4 feet high, even though they've had to produce side-shoots as well as vertical growth (and were actually the smallest when planted out into their growbags!)

All flowering now and looking healthy, so I guess it must be down to the variety.

(The Red Alert were started later as they will have to make do with the cold frame.)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

xx
Tomatoes slow (again)

Started by hubballi on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post July 27, 2009, 09:09
by hubballi
xx
Slow growing tomatoes plants

Started by Little weed on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post April 22, 2008, 23:40
by vegmandan
xx
New growth

Started by sloegin on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post July 22, 2010, 21:16
by sloegin
xx
Bay Tree Growth

Started by teflon on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post May 06, 2009, 21:30
by teflon

Page created in 0.374 seconds with 33 queries.