Can anyone help...Ex battery hens need rehoming

• 2 Replies

kirstie1978

Can anyone help...Ex battery hens need rehoming
« on: March 17, 2011, 17:47 »
Firstly, I hope i've put this in the right section of the forums, apologies if not/ive got it all wrong!

I have been working as a volunteer at a charity animal sanctuary as part of my rehab since the car accident and they have been advised of about 100 battery hens that need rehoming. The shelter will be taking some of them, but i think there's about 70 that need rehoming. They are in the Portsmouth area, although might be able to be transported to Southampton. If you can help please can you call St Francis Animal Rescue Centre on 02380 69 3282. It does get busy there so please leave a name and number if you get the ansaphone! (of course if you're in the area and there's any other animals you wish to help out...!!)
If anyone can help many thanks
Kirstie

If you need any other information, their website is http://www.sfaw.co.uk/

Authorised by Admin
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 19:34 by Casey76 »

kirstie1978

Re: Can anyone help...Ex battery hens need rehoming
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 08:28 »
I forgot to mention that there's also some gorgeous (unusual) chickens of varying breeds at the shelter that are up for rehoming. I'd love to be able to tell you what breed but my knowledge of chickens is limited!
A big thank you to the moderators for allowing this post, I really do appreciate it as does the shelter.
Many thanks
Kirstie

Sausages1983

Ex battery hens
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 11:24 »
Hello,

I live in Caerphilly, South Wales and myself and my family are really keen to get some hens and we decided it would be much more worthy to rescue some ex battery hens. We were due to collect some from the BHWT on July 31st, but it was cancelled as the farmer wants to keep them for longer! We have all the house and food, bedding etc all ready and no ladies to put in there. The cancellation was so disappointing! :-(
Please could anyone let me know if they know of anywhere else we can rescue some ladies from?
Thank you and we hope to hear from someone soon.
Sara :-)

xx
Ex-battery hens

Started by yorkshirerose on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post September 24, 2007, 11:12
by muntjac
xx
ex battery hens help

Started by rachelr on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post August 30, 2010, 21:50
by Thingy
xx
battery hens

Started by Kym503 on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post May 09, 2009, 02:29
by too many girls
xx
Please help, im looking for 3 ex-battery hens

Started by muddypaws on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post March 28, 2011, 12:16
by pigeonpie

Page created in 0.253 seconds with 33 queries.