Any work done

• 11 Replies

Michael D

• Experienced Member
Any work done
« on: November 21, 2009, 13:48 »
Hi  all    I  know  we`ve  all had loads  of rain  laterly,  Has anyone   been  able  to do anythink  down  on the  plot.   Last week  i  got  my  potatoe  bed   dug  and  covered  with  cow  poo,   and  one  bed   4ft  by   12ft  dug.   The  rain started  at  10  this morning   and still raining.   Mike

beansticks

Re: Any work done
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 14:07 »
Managed a hour before the rain kicked in,i am building raised beds with chipped bark paths .

Goosegirl

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 16:17 »
As I am a very keen gardener, I have been known to garden in the rain and very cold weather but.....we've had rather a lot of rain and strong winds here recently to say the least and it will be the first time my green recycling wheelie bin will not be put out at the end of the week!!! :(
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Rixy

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 16:44 »
Emptied my shed of stuff into the greenhouse, dismantled the shed, moved it to the other end of my plot and rebuilt the 4 sides of it so far, all in the rain today :(.
Not a complete idiot, bits of me are missing.

rem858

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 16:56 »
been dry  all day here in suffolk dug over a few raised beds and made a start repairing some benches in the poly tunnel all in all a good days work should stay dry sunday as well  :happy:

viettaclark

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 22:11 »
It's been lashing down here. My gooseberries arrived and they say not to plant in claggy wet soil. In a break in the clouds yesterday (been solid all day today) I dug down about 6" and it was dry so no problem. Shows what a drought we've had though!

Christine

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 09:39 »
There's nothing urgent to be done other than adding to the compost heap when stuff turns up. As the digging was cracked last month and the leaf collecting in the first couple of weeks this month, there's nothing urgent and turning compost heaps will just have to wait till the soil drains enough so that you don't sink up to the ankles as you work.

agapanthus

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 10:15 »
Not a lot you can do when ankle deep in mud :(

Janeymiddlewife

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 10:42 »
Managed to get up there this morning, lovely sunshine, believe it or not at 7am until 9, heavens opened at 9.30, been raining ever since. I managed to dig in half the green manure I had where I grew my spuds, but can't dig anywhere else as it's claggy clay.
Need some dryish not frozen weather now so I can dig the last bed out of the grass at the bottom of the lottie. Would like to get it done in the next six weeks as i have volunteerd to be a massage guinea pig for a friend's daughter and get a free massage every week  :D  Should give her plenty of practice!

Elcie

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 11:37 »
The sun came out this morning and I was working out what I could get done.  Then it rained!  It is pouring down now.  Although I don't mind working in the cold occassionally, damp is not for me!

zazen999

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 11:43 »
Aah, with my raised beds you can garden and weed any day of the year.

All you need is a waterproof coat and an ipod/radio. And gloves. And scarf. And boots.

But apart from that; you can garden any day of the year.  :D

lisa80

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 12:11 »
we only really have weekends to get bits done have cleared plot but am waiting for some dry weather so we can burn some bits then start digging over.I did plan to have it all done by now but with hubby working last few weekends and all this rain its been a nightmare :(would happily go down there when weathers bad but little ones not too keen :unsure:

xx
How will this work?

Started by stompy on Grow Your Own

24 Replies
Last post February 23, 2012, 11:41
by mumofstig
xx
Will it work?

Started by AndyRVTR on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post June 27, 2010, 19:53
by AndyRVTR
xx
Are you at work right now?

Started by fatbelly on Grow Your Own

29 Replies
Last post November 04, 2007, 18:28
by crowndale
xx
would it work?

Started by binner on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post December 15, 2009, 20:45
by Paul Plots

Page created in 0.305 seconds with 28 queries.