Are you at work right now?

• 29 Replies

Nikkithefoot

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2007, 19:16 »
Agreed BG!

Some of us are spending stupid amounts of time stuck in traffic at the start and end of each day :evil:  cos there's major road works and roads are closed and there's another week of it to go  :evil: and I think I should have been born a mole......(going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark) and I haven't seen my garden in daylight since last weekend and I won't get out this weekend cos I will be studying.....(my choice but after the week on the roads I've had I need my garden)

There rant over I feel soooooooooooooooooo much better now! :D

Nikki
I was put on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things; right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Sally A

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2007, 20:03 »
Traffic jams in Dorset? never.  Bridport High Street's a bit clogged up now and then, just remember there are jams and there are JAMS.

tallulah

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2007, 20:33 »
Day off for me too today, and I was off to the lottie, beautiful mild day, gorgeous colours all around.  Only fly in the ointment - my back's a bit fragile, so didn't dare do too much!  Did manage to cast a covetous eye over the allotment next to mine, which I'm hoping to inherit very soon.  Its got great vibes!  8)

My sympathy to all those stuck in tedious traffic jams today.  Poor Mr T gnashes his teeth all the time with his 9-5 job and traffic probs.  I work shifts so its not a prob for me.   :)

mkhenry

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2007, 00:56 »
I made the decision to retire at 59 while I could still do all the things I wanted too.

The bones got far too stiff far to quickly and I can now not do a quarter of that that I intended to,but I love it,and thank my lucky strars that I did stop when I did.

I loved what I did for a living,and I still miss it.

I do a little something just to keep my hand in but I am so glad that I do not have to go back to 16 hours a day,all the worry,and the whole idea of having to do things because they have just got to be done,no matter how tired you are.

I would advise all who can to do it.  Jump off the bandwagon.  Do you really need to drag yourselve through life just to pay bills,so that you can buy more stuff,so you have to keep working etc, etc, etc. I know that if you are still young you have got to live but if you are nearing retirement any way dont wait jump now while you still can. :wink:

If you can, give it up before its to late. :wink:  :lol:  :wink:
Some poor village is missing its Idiot
plus officially the longest ever occupier of the naughty step.
My Gardening and Growing Hints and Tips

Gardeners Delight

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2007, 02:36 »
I'm at work now & as you can guess from the time I'm on nights this weekend :(  Still at least all the kids are asleep so I can catch upon the allotment forums :lol:

shaun

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2007, 06:33 »
not at the moment but i will be in an hour  :cry:
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

jacnal

• http://jacnal.blogspot.com/
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2007, 21:01 »
It's been work, work, work for me lately... Have not had a chance to do anything at the allotment for 3 whole weeks! I go over the weekends but last Saturday was a fleeting visit just to see how things are doing. Sunday was busy with the mushroom foray. Monday to Frida - work, work, work - I leave work when it's been dark an hour already. Had a fleeting visit today, earthed up potatoes pottered around a bit, then it was too dark to see, and had to leave. Tomorrow - work again through to Friday. I hope I can get a chance to plant my garlic and onions (if I get sets) next weekend.

Really want to reduce some of my work hours. It's really getting in the way of things I really am passionate about... :cry:  :cry:
Jac

Trying organic gardening. Hoping to stick to it.

Selkie

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2007, 21:13 »
Quote from: "mkhenry"

I would advise all who can to do it.  Jump off the bandwagon.  Do you really need to drag yourselve through life just to pay bills,so that you can buy more stuff,so you have to keep working etc, etc, etc.

i totally agree with you! our lives have been SO much more stressfree since Peter took very early retirement (he's 15 years older than me :oops: ) and we were able to move here!

we were very lucky in that our house in england had nearly trebled in value so we had enough money to pay off the mortgage and pay for our tiny cottage in ireland outright.

i feel so fortunate to be 35 and not have a mortgage/loan repayments etc hanging over our heads. we aren't brilliantly well off by any means but we have enough for our needs and that's what counts  :D

mkhenry

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2007, 21:16 »
Quote from: "rosemarycallsthegoddess"

I would advise all who can to do it.  Jump off the bandwagon.  Do you really need to drag yourselve through life just to pay bills,so that you can buy more stuff,so you have to keep working etc, etc, etc.

i totally agree with you! our lives have been SO much more stressfree since Peter took very early retirement (he's 15 years older than me :oops: ) and we were able to move here!

we were very lucky in that our house in england had nearly trebled in value so we had enough money to pay off the mortgage and pay for our tiny cottage in ireland outright.

i feel so fortunate to be 35 and not have a mortgage/loan repayments etc hanging over our heads. we aren't brilliantly well off by any means but we have enough for our needs and that's what counts  :D

And you have your job that you love. Well done you really are getting the hang of life now,and it should get better and better. :lol:  :wink:

muntjac

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2007, 21:17 »
thats my dream ..... a couple 3 acres n a mobile home afair till i build a diy log cabin ,, there are some beuts for bout £43 k available
still alive /............

Selkie

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2007, 21:18 »
oh god i didn't want to go on about loving my job so much, it probably makes people sick!  :roll:

jacnal

• http://jacnal.blogspot.com/
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2007, 21:22 »
Quote from: "rosemarycallsthegoddess"

This is exactly what I'm beginning to realise too.

We are moving soon (to the in laws' basement flat) which is better than this place by far, has a garden and is a fraction cheaper than here and we'll be able to save up and get on the property ladder in the next 5 years all going as planned.  :roll:

Selkie

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2007, 21:26 »
hope it all works out ok for you jac, don't envy you moving house though (peter says the only way he's moving from here is when he's dead :lol: ).

great that you do have a 5 year plan - so many people just seem to drift aimlessly through life or get stuck in a rut.

xx

brucesgirl

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2007, 17:40 »
Mind you, working has its compensations. We are just about to wind up one of our companies and use the money to buy a holiday flat.

crowndale

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2007, 18:28 »
Spent all day friday in school.  Normally only do half days (and then only til Christmas as I have other things planned beyond then), but child I TA for had to miss his half day session wednesday because I was at a conference all day so I had to make up the time.  Sods law, thursday he was excluded for causing an injury to me but because my contract is monthly rather than causal (ie paid when I am in) I had to go in anyway.  WOuld far rather have lost a days pay and spent it at home and in the garden.  ah well, 7 more weeks to go!  And little darling is back into school tomorrow.  I need to speak to the head and tell her contract or no contract, if he injures me again I'll not be coming back to work with him.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

xx
How will this work?

Started by stompy on Grow Your Own

24 Replies
Last post February 23, 2012, 11:41
by mumofstig
xx
Will it work?

Started by AndyRVTR on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post June 27, 2010, 19:53
by AndyRVTR
xx
would it work?

Started by binner on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post December 15, 2009, 20:45
by Paul Plots
xx
Work To Be Done

Started by South Downs Wayer on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post September 19, 2008, 22:24
by matron

Page created in 0.457 seconds with 36 queries.