we're all going on a summer holiday....

• 38 Replies

wighty

« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2008, 20:43 »
And you were all looking forward to it sooooo much, sorry about Sootie Grannie, it's hard I know.  When Paul and I got together we merged his two Boxers with my two.  They all started 'disappearing' for one reason or another otherover about five years and each one was really hard.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2008, 22:49 »
Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts.  I know I'm gradually getting more used to chickens dying, especially the meat chooks!  but when its a much loved pet, its different isn't it?

Anyway, we have buried her down the side of the garden next to my big blackcurrant bush.  Brian dug the hole really deep so NOTHING will dig her up, and I'm going to plant my gooseberry bush over the top to keep her safe.

Then when I came up to my little study this afternoon, the first thing I saw was her picture on the windowsill!!   :cry:  :cry:

And tomorrow I've got to go have a tetanus jab, as she bit me twice when the pain hit her and dug her claws in my knee so deeply, it took ages before I could get it out!!!  At the moment I can't bend my index finger on my left hand!!!!

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2008, 22:55 »
So sorry to hear about Sooty. Will be devastated when my beloved Tess goes. She's 15 so I'm hoping it won't be too soon. Not sure anything makes these things easier but sending hugs.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2008, 23:04 »
This is Sooty Cat in happier times!!!  Wanting to know where her dinner is!!!

[/IMG]

Whoops, old photo, so its a bit big!  Sorry!!!

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2008, 23:05 »
She's beautiful.

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2008, 23:22 »
When we picked her up at the Blue cross, brian said he wanted a black and white one, as we had looked after the previous owners bl&wh cat while their new place was being sandblasted, and we had never had cats before, because both our Mum's didn't like them.

But Brian got used to having 'Elwood' around.  there were loads of B&Wh cats there, but Sooty wrapped herselfaround my neck and I said this is the one!   :lol:

Then in 2000 I had a hysterectomy, and when I came out of hospital, I was very sore, anyway, Sooty jumped up on my lap and brian said be careful she doesn't hurt you!  But she sniffed around, walked round my tummy, but didn't touch it, walked round the back of my neck and settled herself along my right side, but still not touching my tummy.  Strange eh???  It was as if she knew I was sore!!!

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2008, 23:28 »
Cats are amazing aren't they. One of my best friends hated cats but got one as her husband wanted one. She has got used to her and the cat has now taken to sitting on her stomach as she is 7 months pregnant (never did before). she purrs every time the baby kicks.

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2008, 23:32 »
Strange isn't it?  Brian used to call her mystic mog as you wouldn't see her anywhere, then he'd turn around and she'd be sitting behind him!!!!

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2008, 23:37 »
My mum is the most pragmatic person I know but she always said that our cats made her believe in things that we simply can't explain by science. They really used to react to things that the rest of us couldn't see in our old house  :shock:

xx
going on holiday!!

Started by R66VEY on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post July 08, 2008, 17:58
by R66VEY
xx
Going On Holiday

Started by linzechris on The Hen House

15 Replies
Last post March 16, 2009, 16:38
by Hengist
xx
What do you do when you go on holiday!

Started by chick with chicks on The Hen House

22 Replies
Last post June 19, 2009, 20:55
by craig1981
xx
Chickens when we're on holiday

Started by F1schuey on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post February 09, 2011, 00:17
by hillfooter

Page created in 0.227 seconds with 28 queries.