help with Call Ducks

• 2 Replies

The Flock Master

help with Call Ducks
« on: September 13, 2012, 11:45 »
Hello everyone,
I'm new to the forum and desperate for some needy advice.  To cut a long story short I purchased a white female call duck to go with my two male white call ducks...I also have a breading pair of chocolate call ducks...Since I introduced my new female to the flock last Saturday she's getting a really rough ride from the chocolate male and the two other male whites. Stupidly, I left them together in their 20 x10 ft pen on Saturday afternoon and when i returned a couple of hours later my new female had some of her neck feathers pulled from her and she also had blood spots on her beak...Not trying to defend myself but before I left them they seemed ok with each and stayed the opposite side of the pen..Since Saturday afternoon my new female had been in isolation, she has spent the time with my 6 week old sussex where they get on leaps and bounds. I do however want to introduce Snowy back into my duck clan so is there anyone out there who can give me some much needed advise on introducing new ducks into the flock...My pair of chocs are approx 7 months old and my pair of whites are approx 5 months old (these 4 get on like a house on fire)..my new white is also 5 months old...HELP

8doubles

Re: help with Call Ducks
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 13:02 »
IMO you should get rid of one of the white drakes so the ducks are not outnumbered, if you do get the new duck settled in the problems will start again next spring.

Drakes with sex on the mind can get very rough with the ducks.

The Flock Master

Re: help with Call Ducks
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 13:41 »
Many many thanks for your quick reply doubles.

Totally agree and was thinking along the same lines...

The question I've got to ask myself is which one of the two should I get rid of...Quackers or Jack...

Oh I wish I wouldn't name my boys and girls lol

xx
Call ducks

Started by Ferris on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 02, 2007, 23:19
by diamond_lil
xx
call ducks

Started by Thompson24 on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post May 31, 2009, 10:49
by Thompson24
xx
Call Ducks

Started by Country Bill on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post July 24, 2009, 15:58
by Country Bill
xx
Call Ducks

Started by mother hen on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post October 19, 2008, 10:44
by poultrygeist

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 35 queries.