Cat Insurance help please

• 16 Replies

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
Re: Cat Insurance help please
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 12:36 »
The savings account works for some, but not others. For me Thorsy was over £1,700 in 18 months I had him (he was only 20 months old when he passed away) and his premiums were about £120 in that time. Shia likes to eat carrier bags and other plastics and has cost about £1,000 on removals and I've had smaller claims on two others with £400 being paid out for them. I just sat and worked out that since having Arwen (who has never had a claim despite being by far the oldest) and the others have come in I have between them spent nearly £1000 on pet insurance premiums over 3 years (7 cats) and have had claims paid out of over £3,200 so for me the pet insurance has been worth it - especially having a daft plastic eating moggy and if they have a lifelong illness it quickly adds up on monthly prescriptions, blood tests etc.

bayleaf

• Experienced Member
Re: Cat Insurance help please
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 11:57 »
Tesco were pretty good - our cat went missing for over three months. Once she didn't show after a few weeks they paid up for the loss of the cat - then when the cat was found by my daughter four miles away from here on a dark night in July they said it would be too complicated to rais ethe extra paperwork and to pay back the money so they let us just keep it. So we were £35 to the good. Thanks Tesco!!

xx
Pet Insurance

Started by Snap Dragon on Pets without Feathers

12 Replies
Last post February 15, 2010, 21:34
by Hawkins
xx
Pet insurance renewal

Started by Tenhens on Pets without Feathers

2 Replies
Last post April 07, 2014, 08:25
by Auntiemogs
xx
Vets fees and insurance excesses

Started by Optimistic Gardener on Pets without Feathers

10 Replies
Last post March 17, 2012, 21:17
by Dawnuss

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 34 queries.