They Did it !

• 10 Replies

bellagirl

They Did it !
« on: February 22, 2010, 18:14 »
I am pleased to report  2day that  my mottly crew managed to find their way out of the coop [ when my back was turned] AND got themselves to bed, all on their own. Without the  light! [ just after us buying a new hanging touch this afternoon]
We are begining to realize that Chickens have the last laugh . So, NEW OWNERS to be BEWARE!

carl

• Experienced Member
Re: They Did it !
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 18:18 »
i`m takin it all in  :lol:

bellagirl

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 18:59 »
I'm pleased  your enjoying all the latest adventures from our coop.  Hope your taking notes. As they made their merry way up the ladder tonite, it really was a AHHHHH moment. Another little tip, one of your girls will be the leader and will get into mischief. Ours is Polly the L Sussex and its only day 2!
How long is it untill you get your Chickens ? I just wait to see what Merry Dance they lead
you and yours.

Henlady

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 19:39 »
I had to go to work today and spent the day wondering if they managed to work out how to get out of the house, (told my husband I want a web cam in the run and house so i can watch from work - unfortunately not much chance) they were in the run when I got home.  After I got back from walking the dog they had gone to bed.  It was like they waited for me to come home.  Really looking forward to spending summer evenings in the garden with them.

carl

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 20:00 »
taking lots of notes ;).. should finish the run next weekend so will be making some fone calls to see who`s got what for sale....found quite a few sellers locally

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 06:08 »
let us know what sorts you get Carl  :D
Staffies are softer than you think.

Henlady

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 07:31 »
Opened the house this morning at 7am and my 2 sussex came out quite quickly had some food and water and have now gone back to bed, lucky things I'm off to work wish I could join them.  I'll be happier today now I know they were out yesterday and eating.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 13:14 by Henlady »

bellagirl

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 11:09 »
Hi Henlady, I return to work Fri and do part - time shifts inc W/ends. I love my job, but now I'm in "Chicken World" I don't know how I will be able to consentrate. Let alone stop talking to about my girls. Thank goodness we have this Forum.

Henlady

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 13:19 »
As I went out to work this morning, and said goodbye to them, all four were out and looking longingly at the garden.  I'm really looking forward to letting them out.  Only problem is I have to go out at lunchtime on Saturday for an hour and I have visions of me chasing them round the garden to get them safely away while I'm out if I let them out in the morning.

bellagirl

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 15:40 »
I'm working untill 3pm at the w/end so I will let them out when I get home. Then it gives them an hour or so before it gets dark. I read somewhere that late afternoon is the best time to start with.                                                                                                               Thought 2day that once they find their coop ok,when I'm home I shall let them out in the afternoons that way when they lay we should'nt be playing hide and seek with the eggies.
We should set our watches and see wot happens on Sat, to the Sisters! say about 4!

Henlady

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 18:50 »
I think we are due a cold if not snowy weekend so they may not even come out.  Got a delivery of bits and pieces I ordered online as i couldn't get them locally so my ladies now have a proper drinking fountain and grit bowls and a pecking treat and another book for me to read.

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 33 queries.