What I did on the plot today - 2011

• 2810 Replies

nuttytart

• Experienced Member
Re: What I did on the plot today - 2011
« Reply #1755 on: June 15, 2011, 19:44 »
went up to the allotment after work, had a cup of tea, had a chat with the neighbour and came home again!!!!

LilacSandy

« Reply #1756 on: June 15, 2011, 20:05 »
Planted Climbing French Beans, Borlotti beans, Greyhound Cabbage and another row of lettuce.

Paul Plots

« Reply #1757 on: June 15, 2011, 23:54 »
went up to the allotment after work, had a cup of tea, had a chat with the neighbour and came home again!!!!

Now that sounds lovely... just what plots are for  ;)
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Vit

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1758 on: June 16, 2011, 00:37 »
"Sliced" sugi trunks in 3 meters length, removed some brunches, burned organic rubbish.
Picked up some broccoli, leek, green peas, warabi(sort of furn).

grendel, just wonder, what is your rotovator model?

skatenchips

« Reply #1759 on: June 16, 2011, 09:17 »
Got to the lotty to find bazza waiting with a hot brew and a lump of bread pudding,so after consuming that I got down to Rotovating 2 raised bed areas.
After clearing the stones and smoooothing the earth I planted some early onward peas for an autumn harvest.
The other bed had some Offenham 2,s for winter greens.

My stone pile is certainly growing ""is it just my plot that is full O the soandsos".!!!

Watered and did some Hoe work around our fruit bushes,bad news is our raspberry canes look lifeless and on closer inspection (after snapping) the canes insides are brown and dead.
These are new canes from a reliable dealer who will be getting said canes just to see what is said..!!!!!!!!!!!!..... >:(

Yet my old canes are happily flowering and fruiting......O well

Bent down to undo my hosepipe and felt my back go into spasm....aaahhhhhhhh... :(

Not good today,and am grateful him upstairs has decided to water our plot for us... :)

Thephoenix572

• my lottie 2012
« Reply #1760 on: June 16, 2011, 12:41 »
Did lots of hand wedding some watering and plenty of chatting
All the way from my allotment in beautiful Derbyshire. I'm in year 3 of my allotment and wish I'd caught the bug years ago, things growing from strength to strength

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1761 on: June 16, 2011, 13:32 »
nothing on plot as rain has stopped play!

Sowed some more romanesco cos the blinking sparrows have eaten the first lot to stubs and all my baby citrus thyme were gone as well >:(
I thought the modules were safe on the table away from slugs *sighs*  :(

dexyblue

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1762 on: June 16, 2011, 14:54 »
has anyone else noticed there seems to be a hell of a lot more sparrows than normal about. Eating everything in sight  >:(
I came I saw I grew my own veg

Grubbypaws

« Reply #1763 on: June 16, 2011, 15:19 »
Yes and avid vegetarians!!

I have huge numbers of sparrows and have to have almost everything covered. I will never grow peas again as they love them so much that no deterrent is up to the job.  I can only surmise that they are burrowing in under the netting as each day I secure it thoroughly but each evening a sparrow is in there munching away   >:(

One of the sad things about the sparrows is that they have seen off my colony of house martins. They simply took over their nests. I really miss them swooping over me as I watched my garden grow and seeing the youngsters peeping over the nest edge  :(

Today I have sown some more carrots and Pak choi as well as some salad leaves and rejoiced at the appearance of my potatoes  :D

Paul Plots

« Reply #1764 on: June 16, 2011, 16:05 »
Yes and avid vegetarians!!

I have huge numbers of sparrows and have to have almost everything covered. I will never grow peas again as they love them so much that no deterrent is up to the job.  I can only surmise that they are burrowing in under the netting as each day I secure it thoroughly but each evening a sparrow is in there munching away   >:(

One of the sad things about the sparrows is that they have seen off my colony of house martins. They simply took over their nests. I really miss them swooping over me as I watched my garden grow and seeing the youngsters peeping over the nest edge  :(

Today I have sown some more carrots and Pak choi as well as some salad leaves and rejoiced at the appearance of my potatoes  :D

What a shame sparrow are just that bit too small to cook.  :(  :lol:  :lol:

Ralphy

« Reply #1765 on: June 16, 2011, 17:13 »
Yesterday i lugged all the slabs, sand and cement i needed to make a sturdy shed base up, took three car trips cos it was so heavy, unfortunatly the drop off point is 100m away from the plot, i was crippled when i went into work for the evening!  :wacko:
  and today I put the base down, luckily my neighbour Norm was there to show me how people who don't just have to rely on book knowledge do it before i lost my mind!
  the instruction to ensure that your dry cement mix and slabs are 100% flat and even is up there with the "I've found a way to solve the fuel crisis, all we need is some sort of tablet that dissolves into water to make petrol!!! " line!
 i also gorged myself on raspberrys, strawberrys, tayberrys and did a bit of hoeing,
i'm glad i have tonight off!
is pottering about a vocation?

grendel

« Reply #1766 on: June 16, 2011, 18:25 »
"Sliced" sugi trunks in 3 meters length, removed some brunches, burned organic rubbish.
Picked up some broccoli, leek, green peas, warabi(sort of furn).

grendel, just wonder, what is your rotovator model?
its an old Norlett, pre-cursor to the beaver powerspade and built a lot sturdier, its similar to the landmasters that have a long drive shaft with the digging tines at the end, the driveshaft is driven directly by the engine so the rotors are  going all the time.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

greentig3r

« Reply #1767 on: June 16, 2011, 19:49 »
I just popped in to see if we had more strawberries- 6 nice ripe ones. Also picked some salad leaves.

Did a bit of some weeding and labelled the stuff I put in yesterday.

Rangerkris

• My pic's
« Reply #1768 on: June 17, 2011, 18:38 »
Got to the plot a little after nine, weeded planted and found some runner beans growing hehehehehe the first two. then it started to rain about 11.30 am done nothing since. 
Thanks
Kris

Thephoenix572

• my lottie 2012
« Reply #1769 on: June 17, 2011, 20:13 »
Been to work boo hoo. Lottie's been neglected

xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
ate my first ever strawberry from my plot today!!

Started by starry on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post June 11, 2010, 09:00
by diggerjoe
xx
What I did on the plot today 2017

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

513 Replies
Last post December 27, 2017, 20:40
by Plot 1 Problems

Page created in 0.306 seconds with 31 queries.