Chainsaws

• 3 Replies

jezza

Chainsaws
« on: January 07, 2023, 07:30 »
Hello I know this has been said before,if you have  got a chain saw for Christmas please use it carefully dont be come a garden accident  statistic chainsaw trousers are cheaper than half a day with the funeral director, I know the flack will start now with those who think that they are invincible be safe and live longer   jezza

GraciesGran

Re: Chainsaws
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2023, 07:36 »
People think they are invincible.

Paramedic son in law laid down the law and insisted I bought some steel cap shoes to wear at the plot/in the garden.  As he said 'i don't have to like them but I have to be safe'.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2023, 10:11 »
When I did my gardening course, the tutor brought in a pair of chainsaw trousers which had been worn when the saw had slipped. They had done their job properly, and made a right mess of the trousers (but not the wearer). The wearer had been an experienced chainsaw user, so it can happen to anyone.

It has stuck in my mind over the years.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

rowlandwells

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2023, 13:54 »
absolutely write one can never be to careful using chainsaws I have 3 chainsaws 2 battery 1 petrol and to be quite honest I prefer the battery ones its essential to get the proper PPE and if you a first time user get a professional or a person that knows how to use a chainsaw properly to show you how to use it chainsaws are becoming more popular now people are turning to wood burning stoves but its worth remembering chainsaws can be lethal used incorrectly always best to be safe than sorry when using a chainsaw

xx
Chainsaws

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post October 20, 2019, 19:13
by jezza
xx
Chainsaws

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post January 02, 2020, 17:30
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 33 queries.