Shed re-organisation...

• 20 Replies

Growster...

Shed re-organisation...
« on: April 25, 2020, 18:47 »
As lock-down continues, the Growster-fuel-shed has received a make-over, which has taken several days of toil, tinctures, bad-language, some singing, lots of whistling, a severe swear-word or three when something didn't work/got stuck etc, and a final sweep out (WHAAAT)!

It really isn't a shed, more a lean-to to keep the coal and wood 95% dry during the winter, but as I can now lock it securely, I can keep the mower, the strimmer and the muncher in there, and free up space in the other shed for delicate jobs like mending the Hoover (couldn't), listening to Pink Floyd etc...

Mrs Growster has gone to sleep on many occasions today when I crow about all this, so maybe I have also invented an antidote to insomnia at the same time!

;0)
DSCN9128.JPG

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: Shed re-organisation...
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 19:13 »
Very nice MR G.  Would you like to sort out Worzel’s shed for him ?

GraciesGran

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 19:41 »
Can you do mine next?  I open the door, think hard and then leave it.

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 06:13 »
Very nice MR G.  Would you like to sort out Worzel’s shed for him ?

Just show me the way, Auntie!

Growster...

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2020, 06:14 »
Can you do mine next?  I open the door, think hard and then leave it.

I was doing that up until quite recently, GG, it was when I couldn't actually get into the place that I had to do something...

GraciesGran

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2020, 06:32 »
Am venturing in there today.  Have been offered some manure if I provide the bags and I know they are at the bsck!  Plus the general bin gets emptied tomorrow so now is my chance..,....................

Growster...

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2020, 06:45 »
Nice to see someone else up early, GG!

By tonight, you'll have found an old motorbike, three separate aluminium saucepans, a mug of cold tea, three dead mice and a coconut from that fair you went to in 1996...

DanielCoffey

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2020, 10:32 »
I hope you don't find the remains of the goldfish you also won on the same day.

Goosegirl

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2020, 11:12 »
Mine used to look like that after I had a good throw-out due to the necessity of my incapacity to step over to  find enough room for my foot so I could get something from the back shelves. I arranged everything so I could walk around to get to whatever I needed. Unfortunately Mr G can't stand clear spaces, so the next time I went in I found a large bale of straw, onions drying on a wire rack, a roll of old carpet, several items of wood from our old sheep shelter and that was before I could even get through the door.  :mad: God knows where my sprayer is, the various hose connectors that mysteriously vanish into a black hole and I can't get to my seed trays, pots, and buckets of fertiliser etc without the risk of impaling myself on an upturned manure fork. :mad:  God loves a trier, so He told me to find a secret place unknown to man where I could hide my hand fork, hand trowel, metal dibber, orchid compost, newly-bought hose-pipe connectors, my special yellow bendy weeding bucket and my can of 3-in-1 oil.  :wacko: Unfortunately Cockersand Abbey is currently closed so does anyone have any suggestions as to where they could be safely stored?
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2020, 11:55 »
My shed's an absolute tip, but at least I more or less know where everything is (getting to it without inflicting serious injury is sometimes a different matter however!  :ohmy:  :lol:)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

mrs bouquet

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2020, 14:43 »
Thank you for the 'photo of the shed.  I don't know you had to tidy it, it looks good to me  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Growster...

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2020, 15:06 »
One small detail, is that if you look closely around 11:00am from the orange strimmer, there's a small hole under the back wall of the 'real' shed...

It's where I sadly have to pop a few nasties in to stop Roland rat and his chums coming around and causing havoc...

:0(

GraciesGran

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2020, 06:29 »
Done!  Having only been here a year I was amazed at the rubbish we had thrown in the shed.  The previous owners assorted paint cans and two boxes of chopped plates and mugs weren't helping either.  The old already collapsing bookshelf - MFI, we had some about 30 years ago, is in bits in the bin.  The shed is clean and I will be returning to the scene of the crime later to restore some semblance of order, but first I'm going to collect manure.

Growster...

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2020, 07:11 »
What with Gracie and Goosey getting their act together, we have the makings of another thriller writing scenario...

Where is Goosey's sprayer? Did the manure sacks just appear, or were they suddenly dropped off by an unknown hand?

And as for Worzel's shed, well I am at a loss to know how that fits in, unless there are hidden implements lurking there, which Aunt Sally has kept very, very quiet about...

The plot is already thickening...

GraciesGran

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2020, 09:02 »
The manure sacks were donated by my dog AFTER she had eaten the contents!!! Not all at once you understand.

xx
New Shed

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post March 12, 2024, 09:23
by Goosegirl
xx
Coal shed now full - again...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post November 14, 2021, 13:59
by Aunt Sally
xx
What is the woman's equivalent of a man's shed?

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post July 18, 2019, 20:52
by Aidy
cheesy
Entertainment in the workshop/shed.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post August 15, 2021, 11:58
by GraciesGran

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 50 queries.