gutted :-(

• 14 Replies

sazzy123

• Experienced Member
gutted :-(
« on: April 21, 2009, 22:26 »
Earlier tonight the dog ran into my plastic greenhouse chasing a bird  >:(  almost all my seedings are now squashed (except the ones that havent yet come up) the shelves fell off and cruched everything, the heaviest were at the bottom, i have no more pumpkin seeds either :-(

The only thing which was def not affected was my runner beans on top shelf!  ive salvaged what i can some of beets and sweetcorn ok, but i think most wont grow now!!! gutted :(

looks like will be sowing more seeds this week.  We took the green house to bits and fixed it back together..... and moved it behind the gate!!

Elaine G

Re: gutted :-(
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 22:30 »
Sazzy you have my sympathy.
A similar thing happened to me last year when a squirrel (Grr!) got into my cold frame and ran riot.
Fortunately there is still time to re sow and I'm sure the dog is very sorry.

Elaine
The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet - James Oppenheim

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 22:31 »
My nosy dog walked all over my newly built veg bed in my garden this week, all my lovely carrot and parsnip rows were ruined  :(
Dogs! Pain arent they??
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

Robin Redbreast

• Experienced Member
    • http://alandkell.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 22:33 »
 :lol: i have a crazy cocker and she just eats all my plants the little cowbag :lol:
Little Robin Readbreast
Sat upon a rail.
Niddle, naddle went his head;
Wiggle, waggle went his tail.

sazzy123

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 22:34 »
dogs and plants = disaster  :(

at least like you say its not too late, i was really proud of my veggies as its first year with an allotment.

oldbean

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 23:13 »
Quote from: peapod
Dogs! Pain arent they??

Dogs need training, but rarely get it.

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 23:18 »
Quote from: peapod
Dogs! Pain arent they??

Dogs need training, but rarely get it.

Mine did, but didnt envisage hed be interested in a patch of earth 20 inches high when theres more fun things to do, but young dogs be young dogs

sclarke624

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 02:21 »
They can be helpful as well sometimes, mine brings me the trug and takes the leaf picker upper things to his dad when asked.  But he's a soppy golden retriever who wouldn't say boo to a ghost and eight years old now.  Either of yours isn't a spaniel by any chance!! hehe full of beans.

Mind you when he was a youngster he did dig up my trailing carnations, which were gorgeous.
Sheila
unowho
Guess I'm organic until I ever need to inorganic

South Downs Wayer

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 06:03 »
i've not put most of my seeds in yet, will do this weekend . so don't worry too much.
sheila which allotments in bognor are you on, I use to be on the one near the co-op.
Roy

sazzy123

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 11:47 »
My dogs a Boxer, she has done training, but she still has a few min of madness everyday  ::)

duckling

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 14:27 »
I spent all of sunday repotting my seedlings in to "Richy's paper pots" and then put together my new little plastic greenhouse and placed all the seedlings onto trays neatly onto the shelves of the greenhouse.  Monday morning I pulled a tray to the front to water the seedlings and the whole lot fell buttered side down on the ground. :ohmy:  I shreaked with horror.  Did manage to rescue most though - so not so bad.

Learning from this is that I have now cable tied the shelves to the supports, so no more nasty accidents. ;)

Oh yes - we completed the raised beds on Monday and the dogs ran straight over them - have now fenced them off.  I really don't like the idea of eating home grown carrots that may have dog poo in the ground near them!!! :ohmy:
1 x Hubby, 2 x dogs, 6 x chooks and one big garden - Loving Life

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 17:36 »
My dogs a Boxer, she has done training, but she still has a few min of madness everyday  ::)

My little 'darling' is also a boxer. He also has several minutes of madness every day (last week he was licking my laptop screen thinking the cursor was a fly  :D )
He makes me LOL all the time...the veg bed was the exception  :D

sclarke624

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 22:40 »
I really don't like the idea of eating home grown carrots that may have dog poo in the ground near them!!!

The exact reason I have a high rise bed so the dog doesn't wee on the veg.  For some reason nobody will eat it if hes wee'd on it.  Fussy or what!! :D

My little 'darling' is also a boxer. He also has several minutes of madness every day (last week he was licking my laptop screen thinking the cursor was a fly   )
He makes me LOL all the time...the veg bed was the exception 
Yeah I always same a house isn't a home without a dog.  I've got a photo of mine in my purse .......s'pose I should really have a pic of the kids in there or the old man but you know LOL

sheila which allotments in bognor are you on, I use to be on the one near the co-op.

South Downs Wayer  I don't know of a co op in bognor but I've only been here four years  there is a co op on Felpham Way.  I don't have an allotment my gardens enough but if I did it would be St Marys in Felpham.

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 09:56 »
I had a fox destroy my brassicas year before last. I had fleece (how many times can I type fleece today :) ) all over my new babies and the fox ran riot on top of the fleece using it as a dinner table with a rat as the dinner. Lost the lot and had a lovely blooming mess to clean up at 6:30am.. urgh the smell..

fekq

• Experienced Member
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 10:16 »
it's not just dogs.... my seedlings were doing nicely in their tray on the bedroom window ledge until smallest cat decided she needed to sit on them...

xx
Gutted

Started by fallen angel on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post May 03, 2011, 12:58
by 8doubles
xx
gutted

Started by chrissie B on Grow Your Own

23 Replies
Last post August 18, 2007, 17:41
by tetley
xx
I'm gutted

Started by Debsie on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post September 20, 2010, 13:01
by Stevens706
xx
Gutted

Started by sheridal on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post November 10, 2008, 22:03
by corndolly

Page created in 0.445 seconds with 37 queries.