Girls eating snails!

• 21 Replies

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty

chrissy

Re: Girls eating snails!
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2009, 23:22 »
does it make yours have smelly poo as since i have  let mine have the top end of of the garden they are doing more yellow smelly poos apart from that they are fine i know they eat horrible things but i try not think about it

HENrietta

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2009, 07:20 »
I cant believe thbat hens dont have a knickname, on how much they can eat :happy:.
I know they have are known for being 'chicken' ??? (scared) but really i think they should also have one for being sooo greedy! Like for example 'pigs' (as greedy as a pig). My girls if i let them would eat me out of house and home! :D Only joking Aunt Sally - dont worry i am not over feeding them! :lol:

HENrietta
Live, Love and Laugh!

wysiwyg

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2009, 10:26 »
My girls follow the lawn mower around and hunt the mice and frogs!! I try and save as many frogs as I can if i spot them first, But the mice dont stand a chance.   Wont mention where else my chickens get their freebee protien, - did I mention I have 2 dogs!!! :ohmy:  got to be fair though eggs are wonderfull!  :D

Brambles

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2009, 23:24 »
 :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:  Aaaaahhhhhhhhh  'pon my word!!!!   I don't think I will ever eat another egg without seeing a frog in it :ohmy:   We do have lots of frogs and toads in our garden, but never seen any of the girls munch on one!   Maybe I ought to tell the cats not to sleep within easy reach :D

wysiwyg

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2009, 09:38 »
we have toads as well, but have never seen them go for them?  got to admit if I had to then it would be frogs before toads!! 

Are place is on a large bit of ground with a lot of grass to cut,  It is an endless battle with the girls,  I stack (yes I meen stack) the cuttings up -  they tear it all back down and around the place,  have to admit though,  where they did it during the winter with the fallen leaves on heap it has made a wonderful mulch for on the garden!

agingchick

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2009, 11:15 »
I collected all the leaves in my front garden and put them in the chicken run it kept them happy for ages. I haven't enough grass left to do it with the cuttings. ::)
I use to be indecisive now I'm not so sure

xx
The Girls Are Egg Eating! What To Do

Started by peter rooster on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post March 06, 2011, 20:11
by AL Hathaway
xx
girls eating pooh!!!!

Started by kellym on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post January 01, 2011, 12:26
by New shoot
xx
help, 10 day chicks abandonned, think the other girls are eating them!!!

Started by frenchliving on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post July 19, 2013, 13:21
by GrannieAnnie
xx
*sigh* my big girls are eating the growers food...

Started by Casey76 on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 28, 2010, 15:15
by Casey76

Page created in 0.261 seconds with 33 queries.