You wanted pictures...

• 7 Replies

min200

• adayinthelifeofmin
You wanted pictures...
« on: October 21, 2008, 13:47 »
So here they are!!  

The first ones were taken this morning before I started...

This place was 5 ft weeds a couple of months ago!  Then there was the Blackberry bush that took up a whole plot :shock:  :shock:

Heres my helper for the morning...she was a bit more interested in sticks :lol:

At the end of the morning I had sore hands but another bed turned over!

This will be my 8 year old daughters area, she has taken a real keen interest in this much to my surprise as the novelty factor has normally worn off by now!!

So there we have it!!  Lots more digging to do before winter but it will be worth it come the spring!!!

Vember

You wanted pictures...
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 13:50 »
Wow

Well done you,
That looks fantastic :D

Sarah :)

min200

• adayinthelifeofmin
You wanted pictures...
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 14:44 »
Thanks Im getting there slowly!! It will be fab once its all sorted tho...dont you just love doing it :lol:  :lol:

peapod

• Pea Goddess
You wanted pictures...
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 14:48 »
Looking great, and a good size too
Your 'helper' is as 'helpful' as mine, so now he stops at home  :D

Paula
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

compostqueen

You wanted pictures...
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 15:40 »
Looking good  :D   Looks a lovely bright day too which helps. Glad to see your dog has entered into the spirit of things. My dog hated the plot and took every opportunity to run off  :roll:

If your little un takes to it you'll have some great times. If you have a shed she can go in there if she gets fed up and do some colouring or shed tidying. Get some facilities on the go for making hot drinks and soup, barbecue in summer etc and make it fun  :D   My niece loved tidying my shed, making food, having guests round, laying on the ground in the sunshine, doing nothing, or sowing seeds.  It was her job to run after the dog  :lol:

min200

• adayinthelifeofmin
You wanted pictures...
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 15:54 »
:lol:  :lol:  Good grief I have had 2 months and you dont think there are tea facilities!?!!?!

My big white van has all the mod cons you  know, small stove, kettle, 4 mugs, tea/coffee ad sugar pots!! My mrs thinks im mad :lol:  :lol:

Beth (Daughter) and I sit down for a cup of tea every hour :D

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
You wanted pictures...
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 16:01 »
I like taking the motorhome down to the plot. Fridge, oven, hob, grill, loo, shower, sink, hot water on tap, double bed.........

Hang on - what am I doing living at home?
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

compostqueen

You wanted pictures...
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 16:02 »
Well done that man  :D   I think taking a regular rest is good,not just to rest your body but to take stock and look at what you've achieved. Remember to sit with the rubbish and weeds behind you  :wink:
Why should your wife think you're mad. It makes perfect sense to me, and also your little un and you are outdoors in the fresh air, she'll get tired but will sleep much better and I bet her concentration at school etc will improve. Wait til she's grown something by herself to eat she'll be made up  :D  

Not just about growing veg though there's wildlife to enjoy too and hanging bees nests etc etc is interesting stuff for kids, bird table that kind of thing  :D  Not to mention scarecrow making  :D

xx
what bug is this, DD wanted to know ?

Started by Beetroot queen on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post June 05, 2009, 21:22
by sunshineband
xx
help wanted

Started by ranat22 on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post April 25, 2011, 16:03
by ranat22
xx
I just wanted to say

Started by Lynne on Grow Your Own

24 Replies
Last post August 11, 2007, 03:43
by sparky
xx
Just wanted to say HELLO

Started by greenfingers on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post August 09, 2006, 22:50
by noshed

Page created in 0.384 seconds with 35 queries.