What I did on the plot today - 2013

• 2699 Replies

Beetroot queen

Re: What I did on the plot today - 2013
« Reply #2070 on: August 03, 2013, 15:36 »
Hubby has just finished digging the next area of dads plot, hes now about to rotavate it. We have bits to go in so we are trying to get them in before i go in.  ::)

Annen

• Anne's Gardening Diary
« Reply #2071 on: August 03, 2013, 17:58 »
Dealt with the comfrey plant food, phew!  Dumped the debris on the compost heap and a host of yellow flies (and a black cat!?!) appeared from nowhere in minutes. 
Fed the courgettes and squashes.  I've got a butternut that must be nearly a kilo.
De-leafed the celeriac, which amazingly hasn't bolted - yet, dug up a fennel which has.
Pulled some chioggia, they have been good so far. 
Weeded a corner which has been neglected since the bluebells and found some nigella! Pretty!
Anne

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #2072 on: August 03, 2013, 18:03 »
I planted out some cauli's, some spring cabbages and some more psb - trying to squeeze them all in under the debris netting was interesting :/

I looked at the shed, gave it an evil stare and then decided to weed another strip of the jungle and remove another barrow load of stuff.

Finally I harvested a red cabbage and picked up some onions from the drying rack for dinner tonight!

Flowertot

« Reply #2073 on: August 03, 2013, 21:02 »
Had a lovely sunny afternoon with my eldest helper (10) on the plot.  He loved digging for "pieces of eight" (aka Charlotte potatoes), planting out lettuce seedlings, picking peas, beans and courgettes, watering and squishing naughty caterpillars on the winter brassica seedlings   8)

Beetroot queen

« Reply #2074 on: August 03, 2013, 21:37 »
Hubby has just finished digging the next area of dads plot, hes now about to rotavate it. We have bits to go in so we are trying to get them in before i go in.  ::)

Hubby rotavated, raked flat, laid the slab path reay for planting up tomorrow, that man works like a trojan horse.  :blink: he never stops.

Ashurstman

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2075 on: August 04, 2013, 12:37 »

Sounds like a wonderful bargain to me but you know the rules.................................

We need pictures :lol:
Just uploaded one the gallery as "My bargain greenhouse." Once approved will share.

jmc1949

« Reply #2076 on: August 04, 2013, 12:46 »
Went down early today as the weather forecast for tomorrow isn't good. I cleared some of the cabbages and cauli's which had blown and also some purple top milan turnips which had been part eaten by slugs. Planted out 3 kale plants. Weeded the parsnips and leeks bed and weeded round the blackcurrants and gooseberries.  Then strimmed the paths.

Sweetpea C

« Reply #2077 on: August 04, 2013, 12:51 »
Weeded the carrot and onion bed, had a chat with John number 3 and met John number 4, Snowdrops came for a visit and brought a nice cup of tea (and some string..... ::), my family came too and then John number 2 popped by to say hello.... a very sociable morning  :D makes a change, it's usually just me.
My husband's a water sign, I'm an earth sign, together we make mud :-)

My gardening diary is here - go on, have a peek , you might be able to help me!
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=101101.0

Comments most welcome here please
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=101102.msg

Annen

• Anne's Gardening Diary
« Reply #2078 on: August 04, 2013, 19:05 »
Dug up the last of the kestrel from the 4x4 bed

Tried to cut all the sweet peas as Monty recommended on GW, but there was just too many.
Weeded, weeded..

Thephoenix572

• my lottie 2012
« Reply #2079 on: August 04, 2013, 19:17 »
Lots of harvesting
All the way from my allotment in beautiful Derbyshire. I'm in year 3 of my allotment and wish I'd caught the bug years ago, things growing from strength to strength

Beetroot queen

« Reply #2080 on: August 04, 2013, 19:22 »
All (500) or so leeks went in finally today. :wub: i didnt expect any to take so i sowed extra.  ::)
They were still tiny but any leek is better than none. Hubby has blisters where hes been dibbing so much  :lol:

Hes off up again now to lay his cross path which is secretly what he would have been rather doing earlier than leeks, but he wont say no when they are being put on his dinner plate.

I am at home contemplating making another batch of redcurrant jelly as yesterday batch was amazing with dinner, i think i like it more than the blackcurrant.  ;)

Beetroot queen

« Reply #2081 on: August 04, 2013, 21:00 »
Cross path is now in

It will be relaid over winter once the ground settles properly, it was only rotavated yesterday.

mjpalin

• MJ - also known as Michelle!
    • Starmaker - my other "hobby"
« Reply #2082 on: August 04, 2013, 21:23 »
Planted the last of the leeks as the space only became available yesterday.
Removed the poundland strawberry tower from the greenhouse. Oh it's nice now I can actually move in there!
o/h did a few bits of DIY on beds that had started to come apart, and planted some radishes and cut 'n' come again lettuce.
Link to my first attempt at a diary: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113513.0

Comments & suggestions on my diary welcome here: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113518.0

Spend ytd: £293.44 (setting up plot 29 has been expensive) Harvest ytd: £163.93 (as at 8/8)

snowdrops

« Reply #2083 on: August 04, 2013, 21:30 »
What's happening to my posts,I posted after Sweetpea C. here goes again.
Met up with Sweetpea C,had a cuppa,met her family & John,admired her lovely plot,it's like being in the countryside. Then went to my plot to plant the leeks, got half of them in,then when it began to rain took pity on the poor tomatoes so planted them out & picked a ripe tom & ate it :ohmy: :happy: Harvested the last of the broad beans & a load of beetroot,chutney coming I think.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

paulsa

« Reply #2084 on: August 05, 2013, 22:40 »
Planted out some leeks into my new deep bed  :D planning to put some carrots down the middle of the rows tomorrow.

If  the rain stops.
I know it's not an Allotment.

xx
Tips for 2013 and my new plot

Started by Ema on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post December 28, 2012, 15:43
by JayG
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
What I did on the plot today 2017

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

513 Replies
Last post December 27, 2017, 20:40
by Plot 1 Problems

Page created in 0.322 seconds with 37 queries.