layers with flub

• 10 Replies

Tony H

• Experienced Member
layers with flub
« on: April 18, 2012, 16:24 »
Does anybody use the layers pellets with Flub already mixed in, if so are they as good as useing Flub on powder  :wacko:
Chicken crazy

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: layers with flub
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 16:29 »
I used them at the end of January as I have more hens now it was viable to buy a 10kg sack.  I have never seen any sign of worms and treat regularly for prevention.  The hens seems to like it and it is so much easier than trying to mix in the powder and not being sure the pellets are evenly covered.
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

uktitan

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 16:32 »
i use a 10kg sack every 4 months, its a Godsend, MUCH easyer than the powder.
I now have the chicken bug woot i love the Poland's

Prod

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 16:40 »
I find Flubenvet difficult to administer equally and it is too expensive to waste.  I ve just bought a 20kg sack of Marriages layers with Flubenvet  for hardly much more than the price of just layers pellets so watch  this space   8)

gracie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 16:46 »
I don't want to lock my free rangers up (as I've been advised so as to cut off all other food sources). They are a year old and gave never been wormed. As they are eating loads of pellets at the moment do you think if i bought these they would still have an effect if they are out getting grass and grubs during the day and not only having the pellets. Fingers crossed no sign of worms but thought it wouldn't hurt to worm them.

trinamc

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 16:50 »
Hi

I use haygates pellets with the flubenvet in it is not much more than the normal pellets and makes it easy to use. The chucks were just as happy to eat it so it is much easier to use than having to mix it. :)

moomintroll

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 17:38 »
I used them when I only had 1 hen and 2 cockerels (badly sexed when picked up lol)
I found them to be easier, but ended up wasting half a bag because I found out I needn't worm them so young.
However, I now have 3 hens and 2 cockerels and they are due for worming so will be buying a bag again. Whatever is not used, will keep for next worming.
Marriages layers pellets with flubenvet was the brand I used  :)

steelman

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 16:46 »
Does anyone know of a pellets with Flubenvet supplier in the South Yorkshire area?? Or is it mail order only?

Regards

C

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 17:02 »
Does anyone know of a pellets with Flubenvet supplier in the South Yorkshire area?? Or is it mail order only?

Regards

C

You can check for local suppliers of Marriages on here

www.marriagefeeds.co.uk/stockists

I get mine from Green's Farm Supplies in Thirsk as they also order in the Quail Micro Pellets for me.   :D

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 17:39 »
I am just about to start using them, fortunately my supplier sells in smaller sizes as I was told they have a limited shelf life, I think it is around three months but I can find the email with the details to check if anyone needs to know.

You can get them mail order from Happy Chicks, not sure what the post would be Sarah only shows the 25kg on site but email her for the smaller size.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

steelman

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 20:08 »
Cheers ANHBUC

40 miles seems to be the nearest :-( I'll have to find a reason to travel to Burton On Trent!!
I'm sure someone nearer will stock them. Will have to keep a look out on here...
C

question
layers or a mix of corn and layers?

Started by jobson336 on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post June 15, 2010, 12:44
by jamima
xx
New layers

Started by jaws on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post March 22, 2009, 17:50
by andreadon
xx
best layers

Started by brookegard on The Hen House

19 Replies
Last post August 25, 2011, 10:34
by brookegard
question
Layers pellets

Started by Holyfishcakes on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post September 10, 2011, 15:39
by Holyfishcakes

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 28 queries.