Advice regarding my tomato plants please

• 16 Replies

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
Re: Advice regarding my tomato plants please
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 22:09 »
3oC would be worrying IMHO anything lower than that then I know they definitely need extra care however they could do with really not going below 5oC these kind of temp's probably wont kill them but could check their growth.

Oohh, now you've got me worried. when you say cold will check their growth is that just a temporary thing that will pass when they get warmer, or does it have a long-term effect on them?
i ask because i've had my tomato plants outside in a pot all night since they came up a couple of weeks ago. i'm in spain so it's not so cold, but i reckon it must have got down below 5º a few times at least. they look ok, although they are growing quite slowly. will they be ok? :unsure:

Bit difficult, but if you have no frost then yes they should be fine, when you get a check in growth it tends to put them back growth/fruiting wise a week or so. Some plants it would encourage them to bolt like brassicas but tomatoes you'll just delay the time till 1st fruiting, they could possibly catch up again with your lovely warm weather.

we have a few growers from Spain perhaps they could shed more light on it for us ?
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

rivkele

• vo quartet
Re: Advice regarding my tomato plants please
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2009, 17:26 »
Thankyou, you've put my mind at rest. i not really too bothered if they take a bit longer to fruit, as long as they get there in the end. Spring seems to have finally arrived in barcelona, so from now on they ought to get nice warm temperatures.
rebecca:-)

xx
When to tip tomato plants

Started by hubballi on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post June 05, 2012, 11:44
by mumofstig
xx
Tomato Plants

Started by Jaye on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post January 06, 2008, 22:36
by Jaye
xx
My tomato plants

Started by gill robinson on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post June 23, 2020, 16:41
by snowdrops
xx
Tomato Plants

Started by davesellars on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post May 18, 2011, 11:13
by davesellars

Page created in 0.425 seconds with 36 queries.