Stopping Mr Foxy

• 2 Replies

rugbymad40

• Experienced Member
    • http://www.activeights.co.uk
Stopping Mr Foxy
« on: March 11, 2011, 18:19 »
Okay, this is a topic that comes up again and again.  However, we have a problemfox in our road at present and with seven households having hens it is very intersting to see what various people are doing to tackle the problem.
Two have errected electric wired fences around the outside of the run - which to date has been very effective. One has purchased a set of flashing red lights that are supposed to look like evil eyes (there is a PIR detector on the divice and it lights up with movement). Three others have gone with lights around their runs (again motion sensitive) and tight little me has gone with having a pee around the outside after I lock the girls up.
Nothing has been 100%, but the wire fence and peeing are definately tops so far.
What are your experiences with detering Mr Fox?  Any other suggestions?
Enjoying the traditional ways and values of life.

Vecten

• Experienced Member
Re: Stopping Mr Foxy
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 09:15 »
I have always been troubled with foxes. Not so much on the allotment but in my back garden, oddly enough. The allotment is out in the sticks and the foxes seem to have moved into town. I even get them coming through my cat flap.

I can't use an electric fence in the garden, it would just be too complicated. I have bought a couple of of Night Guards (the red flashing lights) but too early to tell if they are effective. I am toying with the idea of putting in security lights.

Paul Plots

Re: Stopping Mr Foxy
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 10:53 »
When the foxes dared disturb the site wardens onions there was big trouble  :mad:

The rest of us had suffered for a couple of years then suddenly..... traps (humane ones) were set up and four foxes in one night.

Fewer disturbed seed beds and compost heaps.  ;)
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

xx
faverolles/foxy

Started by wildwitchy on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post June 15, 2010, 23:02
by wildwitchy
xx
Mr Foxy Loxy

Started by Jane-M on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post October 16, 2013, 21:29
by Geo
xx
stopping drinking water from freezing

Started by Marianne on Chicken Chat

1 Replies
Last post December 26, 2010, 16:26
by arugula

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 29 queries.