OMG I cant wait!!!

• 10 Replies

jinty1911

OMG I cant wait!!!
« on: February 09, 2011, 20:19 »
Just confirmed my order for my first 6 hatching eggs.   Waaahhhhaaaa.  I am so eggcited I wont be able to sleep tonight  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

Foghorn-Leghorn

Re: OMG I cant wait!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 20:26 »
If you're excited now, just wait until day 19!!!!!  ;)
"The chicken came first—God would look silly sitting on an egg."

— Author Unknown

jinty1911

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 20:30 »
Oh dont!!! Will have to book holidays so I can be home and watch everything!!!  :D  :D

Foghorn-Leghorn

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 20:34 »
When you submit leave requests do you have to state why you are booking it?!   :unsure:

To be honest that's why I'd love an incy so I could watch the whole process, rather than leaving it to mum and just seeing the babies when she was ready to show them off.

Now, repeat after me - "my name's Jinty1911 and I am a chook addict!"  :D  :D

jinty1911

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 20:46 »
My name is Jinty and I am addicted LOL.  Am going Au Naturale.  Got 3 chooks absolutely desparate to be mummies and can't think of anything more wonderful than watching mummy and babies in the garden in the Spring (apart from a great big lottery win so that I can move house and have more mummy's and babies).  :D  :D  :D

Foghorn-Leghorn

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 20:49 »
Oh fab.  It'll be lovely.  Just make sure you get plenty of photographs as they change so quickly.

I'm still hoping one of my girls goes broody  :blush:  :blush:

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 21:17 »
I'm very envious  :lol:  I can't think of anything better either  :D

D

• Experienced Member
  • Bella
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 12:31 »
My Light Sussex has gone broody and I'm contemplating putting some eggs under her. Will you leave your girl to look after the chicks or will you put them under a heat light and all the rest of it? I've got a spare coop so I'm really tempted   ::)

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 19:13 »
most broodies accept their chicks* - just make sure she really is broody - move her into a broody coop with some old eggs for a few days, then slide the new eggs under and remove the old ones. A lot of young hens sometimes do not last the three weeks of sitting.
* I had one young hen who sat for weeks in a field, hatched 8 chicks out then bought them back and didn't know what to do with them. Luckily for me I had another broody who after a few minutes accepted them.
Staffies are softer than you think.

jinty1911

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 19:53 »
My Light Sussex has gone broody and I'm contemplating putting some eggs under her. Will you leave your girl to look after the chicks or will you put them under a heat light and all the rest of it? I've got a spare coop so I'm really tempted   ::)

No, I am going to let mummy do it, (just don't know who it's going to be at the moment) just wish I had more room or I would let the 3 of them sit.  :D

jinty1911

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 20:03 »
most broodies accept their chicks* - just make sure she really is broody - move her into a broody coop with some old eggs for a few days, then slide the new eggs under and remove the old ones. A lot of young hens sometimes do not last the three weeks of sitting.
* I had one young hen who sat for weeks in a field, hatched 8 chicks out then bought them back and didn't know what to do with them. Luckily for me I had another broody who after a few minutes accepted them.

Really hoping who ever is mummy will last but at the moment they are all managing to sit on nothing for 3 weeks each and the very next day it's someone else's turn to go broody. So am sure if I get the timing right it will be ok  :D  :D

xx
do i have to wait to put in incubator??

Started by lisa123 on Chicken Chat

11 Replies
Last post June 24, 2010, 16:09
by lisa123
xx
coop is here cant wait to get my girls

Started by terri on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post May 06, 2011, 18:43
by bantam novice
xx
Pics of our 3 girls sorry for the wait!!

Started by tracy66 on Chicken Chat

7 Replies
Last post November 14, 2011, 16:19
by SMS6

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 30 queries.