watery droppings

• 5 Replies

Tigerwren

• Experienced Member
watery droppings
« on: November 14, 2010, 17:51 »
Hi all,
just wanted some advice on one of my pols (25 wks no eggs yet) who has had a few watery droppings today.  It is the first real day that she has been free ranging so I was keeping quite a close eye.  I have had a look on the sticky about the poos and it doesn;t really look like any of the pictures.  the poo was watery with almost a whitish tinge to it and a bit lumpy in the middle.  Should I be concerned?  i don't think she can have been too hot and is it freezing outside.  She has been out all day as I said and I have seen her eating and drinking.  She definitely had a fair bit if mixed corn this afternoon.
Any advice very welcome and I have little experience.
Thanks
  ???

vickyb30

Re: watery droppings
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 18:12 »
I don't have much experience either, but my silkie started having them, then a few days later she started laying .. I don't know if thats the reason why  but the only one I have concluded with my hen. She has a huge poo in the morning watery ones all day and a huge one at night .. well did until now she has been in her bed for 2 days sitting on eggs  :blush:

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 18:17 »
It may be nothing.  See how she gets on for a couple of days.

Tigerwren

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 18:43 »
Thank you very much for your replies Vickyb30 and Aunt Sally.  I thought i had better ask as my husband started worrying that maybe the children shouldn't be around the chickens etc.  he panics a lot about them holding the chickens and worries about 'germs'.  because I am new to all of this, he says that I am too laissez-faire!  :unsure:
Thanks again, I will keep an eye on all of them and see what happens!

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 18:47 »
If you just use good hygiene procedures e.g. hand washing as you should with all pets then there should be absolutely no problems.  Clean up and "dodgey" poos and wash down with plane water. 

There is probably more to be feared from a birdbath or bird table in your garden.

Tigerwren

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 19:00 »
Thank you Aunt Sally, this is exactly what I have been telling him.  The boys wash their hands and then antibac them with a gel, so I am quite confident there isn't a problem from that point of view.  But thanks for the reassurance.  ;)

question
DROPPINGS

Started by leggygirls on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post February 26, 2010, 23:12
by Bonniebean
xx
firming up their droppings

Started by CattinJ on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post March 09, 2013, 17:32
by Springlands
xx
Droppings board

Started by davepitch on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post October 26, 2008, 16:22
by Bodger
xx
Loose droppings

Started by Topscaff on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post October 04, 2010, 18:37
by Topscaff

Page created in 0.222 seconds with 38 queries.