Three nosy visitors

• 12 Replies

Mr Mole

Three nosy visitors
« on: August 27, 2010, 20:47 »

Caught these checking the place out this morning.

Wonder what’s in there.

This one decided to have a closer look and nearly ended up head first down the boot

Can anyone tell what sex they are yet? 

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Three nosy visitors
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 21:08 »
At the moment I would guess at girls, but as you know already araucanas are difficult to sex. Lovely photos especially of the one ara inspecting the inside of the boot  :lol:
Staffies are softer than you think.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 21:12 »
Oh Moley, aren't they growing beautiful?  So big now!  I'd say girls too at the moment as they haven't got that evil glint in their eyes!!!   :D :D

evie2

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 11:47 »
they are very nosey  :lol:
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

TeaPots

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 12:03 »
what super piccies, and lovely birds :)  My Marge has to be shooed out of the kitchen every morning, cheeky pest!  She flies over the fence, up the garden and straight in!

They are not showing signs of being boys as yet, though as all Arrie lovers know, SOME boys hide it rather well, til they crow  :ohmy: Look for longer, sorter of sweeping feathers at the the neck and saddle, and thickened legs with big feet. Boys often have a longer, narrower face too, though this isnt so easy to see with a good pompom going on. Fingers crossed for girlies for you, and thanks for letting us see your gorgeous visitors.  :D

parson

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 18:21 »
FANTASTIC, love the pic of the one looking in the wellie!   :D :D

Mr Mole

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 21:06 »
Thanks all  for the comments and let’s hope the experts don’t get proved wrong.

Today mum decided the chicks were old enough to look after themselves, she took them in amongst the runner beans and got them busy scratching and feeding and then she quietly slipped away back up to the main run and stood at the gate waiting to be let in.  The chicks carried on scratching in the beans and only occasionally called for mum. As bedtime approached it finally hit home that they were on their own,   they wandered about confused and calling for mum for about twenty minutes and then with tears in their eyes they gave up and went off to bed. :( :( :( :(

the glum chums

evie2

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 22:23 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: aw

Lola

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 22:50 »
They're lovely pictures and your birds look beautiful. I'm having the same problem with my girls at the mo, everytime my back door is open they sneek in!

Mr Mole

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 19:35 »
The chicks seem reasonably settled this afternoon, only occasionally calling for mum.  Mum on the other hand has never appeared to have given them a second thought since she left them and went back and joined the old flock.

GrannieAnnie........the leghorns are looking in fine fettle and hopefully will soon start laying.

The Hovis browns ::) ::) :lol: :lol:    although still getting frequent reminders that they are bottom of the pecking order have started to lay a few eggs.

We have another visitor/lodger.

This one is not definitely not nosy, just wants’ to be left alone to get on with his/her life. I have spotted it several times over the past few weeks sunning itself out on the gravel but only managed to get a couple pics before it makes a bee line to get under the York stone step outside the patio doors...........A bit unnerving when you have just stepped out of the door.  He/she is welcome to stay under the step as long as it wants.......we tend to keep those doors closed now because as the weather turns cooler and the heating kicks in it might decide that under floor heating is better than an old stone step and move in.

NormandyMary

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 19:41 »
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!! :ohmy:

evie2

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 21:05 »
Oooo, your lucky the only snake I have is my pet corn snake, soooo jealous  :)

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2010, 21:05 »
wow lucky you spotted it there, not a common sight.

The leghorns are looking well  :)

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 30 queries.