advice needed

• 10 Replies

toadstool

advice needed
« on: December 22, 2011, 19:50 »
please can someone advise me what to  i have 2 little plots which i have had for about 4 yrs now and i work on them nearly every day , i cant this time of year cos its dark when i get home from work but i do go up at weekends . anyway i done my leg in and was off work for about a month  so i obviously didnt go to the allotments anyway i went up there sunday just to have a look and to my disgust one of them has been giving to someone else , they have dug andtook away all my veg .now i have signed a contract  and paid for it till feb next year what can i do   i am gutted all my hard work and effort wasted   please advisewhat to do

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: advice needed
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 19:55 »
Welcome to the site  :D

I'm going to move this across to the GYO board for more people to comment upon it there, but my first inclination is that you have to contact your allotments administrator to find out what's going on.

Is it a council or private site?  Is there a set procedure for warning tenants about the state of their plots?  What sort of condition was the plot in (I haven't been down to mine for several weeks but at this time of year that doesn't matter much)?
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

toadstool

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 20:04 »
both plots are clean dug over ready for winter about one and a half months ago about from where veg was planted  they have dug up every thing yet surely it was still legally mine as i have signed a contract till feb next year  plus i havent broke any of their laws in condition etc of the keeping of the allotment

BabbyAnn

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 20:06 »
I think you need to speak to the site manager/someone in charge of letting out the plots to find out what has happened.  Have a look at your contract to check that you have followed the rules of your site - there should be at least a warning (though having said that, I was given an eviction notice without one but I had opportunity to put my case forward - much like you, I had not been able to get to the plot for a few weeks due to injury/illness, and the eviction was overturned)  But to give the plot away without prior notification seems odd.

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 12:39 »
This does seem very strange and talking to the group who administer your site (council or private) is the first step, as other have advised.

Do it soon!!

In fact, do it today!!!
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 15:53 »
WHAT?????     >:( :( ??? If you have a contract which is paid up until Feb then, unless you have defaulted which, considering your illness, I don't think that is likely at all, you have recompense against whoever your contract is with. Look very carefully at the default and "notice of them" sections. I would also enquire who took your veg. Personally, I feel so very sorry for you - some or all of your Christmas veg gone and so much hard work and care. As sunshineband says, do it now (or after the hols) but be clued up, determined and quietly assertive - don't take any "whatsname" - best of luck to you.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 17:08 »
Maybe there has been some confusion on which plot the new people were given..but you must go and sort it out asap!

Willie_Eckerslike

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 20:25 »
Toadstool, what is your location, please?

gobs

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 21:22 »
This sounds mysterious, the way you are putting it. It's common theft really. Allotment societies are legally due you compensation on long term crops even if they lawfully serve you a year's notice.

Someone might have just thought you are wasting all that veg, perhaps? It is always a good idea and practice to let management and neighbouring plotholders know of your situation - disfacilitated for whatever reason and how long for - you might even get help. Clear the situation up and do talk to the people in charge, asap.
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

toadstool

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 18:29 »
thanks everyone for the  advice  i have talked to people who i have plots near me and they are anger about was has happened to me [behind my back]as most of them have said , they have been brilliant and every one has rallied round not just with support but with giving me veg as well i feel very lucky to be with people like that ,especially nowadays ,andihave ameeting with members of the board in the new year to clear this mess up ,best try and keep me cool  it will be hard i am still very anger about the whole thing

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2011, 18:31 »
Best of luck Toadstool.

Hope this gets sorted quickly in the New Year  :)

xx
advice needed

Started by brownp on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post April 10, 2010, 13:35
by peterjf
xx
Advice needed please.

Started by Lynne on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post January 18, 2008, 09:52
by Lynne
clip
Advice needed please..

Started by AndyRVTR on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post October 29, 2020, 11:18
by New shoot
xx
advice needed

Started by alancas on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post May 21, 2012, 21:31
by prikay

Page created in 0.334 seconds with 30 queries.