duck inspection evening . . . .

• 6 Replies

daveinmanc

• Experienced Member
    • http://www.traffordangling.co.uk
« on: January 10, 2008, 22:33 »
that was last night,

pictures are a little dark, we were in  the back room and i didnt want to scare them to death with the flash so i opted for all piccies as they were  . . .

took aunt sally's advice to give them a once over after she prompted me to check for red mites/lice etc  and get some diatom just in case, which will go in the house next clean out this weekend, tried to do as thorough an inspection as i could without making them uncomfortable but had to dispose of one rubber glove as he kept grabbing it with his leg and tearing it lol

couldn't believe how thick and soft the feathers were its been such a long time since i've had so much contact with ducks .. . . .  but i fought my way through them and  . . . . . . . .  couldn't find a thing ! :shock:

this is 'steve' he was good as gold, he was a bit panicky at first and his little heart was going 20 to the dozen but he soon calmed down and had us laughing with his little feet paddling away as i inspected his belly lol  

this is puddlez  . . . . . she's a big scaredy cat and wont take the food out of my hand yet lol, well, with the exception of one big lobworm  last weekend . . .  . . . . . . but she was dead good too and no struggling at all

and this is spanglez  . . . . i can tell them apart now by the feathers and the thickness of the neck, this one having the slightly thicker neck, and the best of it was, apart from them all being impeccably behaved was. . . . . . . . . . . .  i didnt get pooped on once ! lol

WG.

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 22:38 »
But do ducks get any of this stuff?  I thought all these things only affected landlubber chooks??

Selkie

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 22:40 »
I like your girlfriend's jumper :D

daveinmanc

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 22:51 »
W.G far as i'm aware and according to AS's advice  . . .  .  which i have no reason to doubt, they do, and in all fairness i did some looking up and most of the sites i came across seemed to say the same.

ours were brought up with chickens apparently, so i'd rather go down the road of prevention being better than the cure and all that and for what it cost's (diatom) i just thought well, look on it as an investment for them  .. . . . . . . .  :D

RCTG, thank you,  i will pass your compliments on lol  :D

WG.

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 22:58 »
OK Dave.

One thing I do know is that you don't need that caulking gun.  Ducks can waterproof themselves  :wink:  :wink:

daveinmanc

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 23:10 »
LMAO  :lol:

very good Mr W.G lol

i expected someone to notice the diatom in the background but obviously didnt account for your sharp eyes lol

so does that mean they dont need their undercarriage sealing then ? lol

slowef

• http://journals.aol.co.uk/slowef/thehenhouse/
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 08:33 »
Love the film clips Dave,  mine attack  my pockets if they can see a bag sticking out cheeky little blighters.  Had a whole iceburg in a bag on top  of their food and Charlie made of with the whole lettuce I had to chase him to get it back and unwrap it. :lol:

I saw the mastic gun and wondered what you were filling with it  :oops:

xx
Holding your hen / vent inspection

Started by ANHBUC on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post May 24, 2011, 09:49
by Lindeggs
xx
Any comments on my sad evening!!

Started by mad mark on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post June 04, 2009, 09:02
by mad mark
question
evening laying??? advice please

Started by Jade23 on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post August 13, 2009, 20:06
by Spacey
xx
Lost our favourite girl this evening.......

Started by chickenlicken on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post August 25, 2010, 22:04
by joyfull

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 29 queries.