i had a dream........

• 2 Replies

hermon

i had a dream........
« on: May 14, 2007, 08:04 »
yes i had a dream that i covered the heads of my brocolli with my cosy fleese to protect against caterpillars!
in real life.......
i covered my broccolii and cabbage baby plants with cosy fleece and they have 90% gone the slugs/snails found it very "cosy" under the fleece! won't be doing that again!! :x
so i am re-sowing seeds and will be putting much bigger plants on the plot to give them a bit more of a chance. you live and learn, anyway let me know about the fleece for protection i was thinking of giving enough room on top and tying with string around the stalk of each plant. easy to weed but also giving protection or would it be too hot under the fleece speeding up bolting?

WG.

i had a dream........
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 08:31 »
I think the result might be that they'll get blown over by the first decent wind.  Would also need collars against cabbage root fly.   Dunno though - try a few.

Good point you make about the fleece.   Predators can't get at the slugs/snails.

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
i had a dream........
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 09:18 »
Quote from: "whisky_golf"

Good point you make about the fleece.   Predators can't get at the slugs/snails.

Slug pellets can though  :wink:
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

xx
what's your 2016 dream?

Started by New shoot on Grow Your Own

30 Replies
Last post January 18, 2016, 13:51
by andimac
xx
My first pumpkin örange dream´?

Started by Oliveview on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post July 03, 2010, 20:10
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.332 seconds with 37 queries.