What I did on the plot today 2015

• 923 Replies

Ema

Re: What I did on the plot today 2015
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2015, 21:22 »
Sorry to hear about your break in, I hope they get caught! We're not allowed sheds on our site! I just throw my old tools on the ground, the good ones come home with me.

More seeds in the sprouter today not the same as having fresh salad!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 21:26 by Ema »

Yana

« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2015, 12:38 »
Haven't been to the lottie much this past week, however, was contacted by kent police and meeting took place Thursday afternoon. There wasn't much to see by then but had a good discussion with the nice WPC about what the site could do to at least stop cars/vans entering the site when no one about. Emailed the committee with the ideas.

Nice surprise Friday morning ....... Manure ready for collection from good friend nearby. Chucked a load on the courgette/squash beds for next year, and then set about practising pruning I had learnt at college the week before. What's the worst that can happen????????

Off later to get rid of a load of pumpkin peelings as two or three have started to go soft in the garage so have had to dice them and freeze to save loosing them altogether.
I have my own cement mixer and not afraid to use it!!

Beetroot Queen

« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2015, 12:54 »
Cleared and weeded three long beds

neatntidy

« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2015, 14:07 »
Couple of hours topping up my woodchip paths. Site had a fresh delivery of what looked like chipped Christmas trees. Thankfully no tinsel.

Elm street

• Experienced Member
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2015, 15:44 »
A couple of hours this morning clearing the area for the new greenhouse whilst the wife cleared the remaining cabbages and leeks so the plots can be dug and manured

grove

« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2015, 15:52 »
Absolutely waterlogged after the snow. Keeping well off the soil for a while

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2015, 19:41 »
Started to organise the top end of the plot ready to dig it through to make a rhubarb bed and a bean bed next to it. Dug the beds in the greenhouses ready for the new growing season and finaly discussed plot politics.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

ptarmigan

« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2015, 11:01 »
An hour to renew a bit of bark path.  Tip some manure on the asparagus bed #2 and on another bed that had green manure growing on it.  Bitter cold wind but beautiful blue sky day.  Went home and sorted out seeds - rock and roll.  Do not ever need to buy Swiss Chard or Broad bean seeds again....

Mattgregory27

• Experienced Member
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2015, 10:16 »
Cleared a really bad patch of nettle roots and planted a Red Champagne rhubarb I got for £1 from the supermarket. Weeded my onions as well.

mjg000

• Winner, Prettiest Pumpkin - 2015
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2015, 13:02 »
Finally finished covering and putting bark on the long central path yesterday, very frosty but then got on with clearing the long tangled grass around the blackberry  bushes that are beside the boundary concrete path, found  not only couch grass but bindweed as well, bagged up and took to the dump on my way home.  Woke this morning thinking I would go and carry on but a light covering of snow here in West London made me turn to the internet and I ended up here!

wrinkly1

• Experienced Member
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2015, 17:14 »
it was like concrete on my lottey with frost. so i took all my seed trays and pots home. i washed them all in jeyes .this is the old stuff i,ve had for years. it smells lovely. i meant to do this job long ago but kept putting it off.all i wan,t now is some nice spring weather. and we,r off.  cheers all . wrinkly1 :D

mjg000

• Winner, Prettiest Pumpkin - 2015
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2015, 18:47 »
I got on and washed all my old plastic pots and seed trays too!  Am thinking of letting the grandchildren start off some tomatoes after school as we are babysitting overnight.

jondav14

• Experienced Member
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2015, 15:52 »
I've been popping down the allotment quite often to do bits and pieces, but haven't popped on here  :nowink:

lots of little odd jobs still to do, but a bit too wet and muddy to do them, managed to get all by fruit bushes pruned last week, so a nice big bonfire is waiting for a dry calm cold day, had a look through my seed boxes today working out what I need to buy for this year  ;)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 15:53 by jondav14 »
who pinched me marrow?

Mattgregory27

• Experienced Member
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2015, 16:22 »
Dug over the bed that's going to be used for carrots and parsnips next month. Starting to get excited, it's almost seed sowing time 😀

scenic

• Scenic blogspot
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2015, 17:08 »
Been a while since been in. Winter wind has bent the shed a bit. Tidied around the very lovely cabbage, some digging and weeding. Caught up with old faces after winter hibernation. Swapped a few baby turnips and a cabbage for some forced rhubarb.

Oh and found a bag of onion sets in the shed so threw them in  :D

Pete
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 18:43 by scenic »

xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
What I did on the plot today 2016

Started by grendel on Grow Your Own

533 Replies
Last post December 30, 2016, 16:09
by riggers24
xx
What I did on the plot today 2024

Started by New shoot on Grow Your Own

48 Replies
Last post May 17, 2024, 14:01
by vikingraider

Page created in 0.308 seconds with 29 queries.