new starter

• 3 Replies

chrissychooks

new starter
« on: April 08, 2010, 23:45 »
Hi folks just found out what these little feathered heart breakers can do to you when you loose one, A bantam sussex hen she would come and sit on your knee purring away in the sun every time you sit on the patio sadly not any more four big hybrids set on her the other day two holding her down whilst all four going for the neck and leg tried to get there and knock the hybrids off they went for me then ran left poor little bitsy on the floor she seemed to shake it off though limping into my hands checked her over seemed allright took her to the vets tuesday sadly the vet said looks like this has happened befre she can hardly breath so had to have her put down, should of taken more notice of what had been going on that purring is haunting me as I miss her each night at treat time

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: new starter
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 06:52 »
so sorry  :(
Staffies are softer than you think.

ehs284

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 07:48 »
Sorry Chrissy, that's awful. It's amazing how viscious they can be. It also makes me wonder about jealousy and whether/when you should interfere with the 'normal' fights. It's just natural to defend a bird being pecked and to make a fuss of a sick or small bird, but, in the long run do we do more harm than good by having favourites or interefering? Anybody else have experience or ideas here?

Jeanette

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 12:14 »
So sorry to read about your little bantam. It is horrible to see them all fighting with one particular girl especialy if they are all joining i together. The same sort of thing happened to me when i first got my girls and i made the mistake of taking the one away that was hurt and tried to put her back when she was better, it was the worst thing that i have done because she was beaten up again as soon as she was put back she ended up living her life totaly seperated from the others which was a great pity.

xx
new starter !

Started by sharck on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post April 10, 2012, 19:04
by sharck
xx
new starter

Started by Gary on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post March 28, 2008, 18:44
by Gary
question
Starter kit

Started by neil9797 on The Hen House

19 Replies
Last post January 13, 2010, 17:04
by Bonniebean
xx
New starter

Started by BigMark on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post April 14, 2009, 20:17
by BigMark

Page created in 0.253 seconds with 33 queries.