Guttering for metal shed

• 5 Replies

ghost61

Guttering for metal shed
« on: May 27, 2014, 07:06 »
OH has bought a metal shed and wants to attach some guttering to collect rainwater.  He doesn't want to drill into the shed as this would annul the warranty ( the shed wasn't cheap....).  Any ideas as to how to achieve this without it looking yukky?  Thoughts are a wooden frame sunk into the ground and then the guttering attached to that.  Think it would work? Or other ideas? Thanks.

Growster...

Re: Guttering for metal shed
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 07:29 »
Need a bit more info please, Ghost...

Can you post a pic? Also, has the company shown ideas for guttering - they should have?

ghost61

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 07:43 »
Checked their website (Asgard is the make) and nothing about guttering.  The shed is 7' x 5' and has a pitched roof.  OH wants to have a water butt on both sides thereby collecting the rain from each bit of the roof.  It is chucking it down here so not keen on going out to lotty to take pic! 

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 09:20 »
Looking at their website and instructions, Ghost, there may be a way to push a wire under the roof eaves, through the sealant and at the top of the external wall, and use it as a basic hook - say one every 2 ft, onto which, you could hang a p.v.c. gutter attached with gutter brackets to a piece of tanalised slate batten (2" x 1").

Once it's in place, make a fall on the gutter to the end where you want the water butt, and make sure the wire is firmly hooked over the top of the wall. The wire should be 3mm galvanised, and is easy to buy on Ebay, or a local store.

It sounds a bit fiddly, but that way, you don't need to drill the panel!

Annen

• Anne's Gardening Diary
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 09:36 »
I bought (quite expensive though) a rainsaver gutter kit and it works well. 
Mines a wooden shed with no fascia board and getting a gutter that clamps on to the edge of the roof meant I didn't have to start sawing and measuring bits of wood, which I am not very handy at. :nowink:
Anne

ghost61

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 06:04 »
Thanks Annen.  I liked the look of them so much that I've ordered two for OH.  Got a discount for liking them on Facebook which helped!  OH winced at the cost, but as I pointed out the time he would have spent faffing about with wood, swearing, and being grumpy, meant that it was a small price to pay  :lol:  At least he can get cracking on that long list of other jobs........

xx
Floor for metal shed ?

Started by Petite graine on Design and Construction

26 Replies
Last post July 09, 2007, 22:46
by weeeed
xx
Condensation in metal shed

Started by noshed on Design and Construction

5 Replies
Last post January 28, 2009, 22:02
by digalotty
xx
Yardmaster Metal Shed UPDATE

Started by black diamond on Design and Construction

9 Replies
Last post February 21, 2011, 18:10
by Trillium
xx
attatching metal shed to flag stone base

Started by lilly2k3 on Design and Construction

6 Replies
Last post August 31, 2007, 18:29
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 34 queries.