pollet died

• 10 Replies

betty

• Experienced Member
pollet died
« on: November 03, 2007, 15:39 »
Hello everyone I have bad news.  Remeber I went to the vet with my chickens?  Well I did everything the vet said gave them Tylan for 16 days and the sniffles cleared up.  They all got better.  Well then I wormed them with Ivomectin and they seemed fine, until the next morning, I found one of the pollets dead!  I felt so bad all the other chickens where watching me cry and not a sound was made by them I think they knew how bad I felt.  I'm still feelin like it was my fault.  I'm so disapointed.  I just loved them so much they are all such good therapy for me and it feels like I lost a best friend.  So far everyone else is doing really good.  I have 2 little roosters that won't quit fighting, I think I might have to get rid of one.  My friend who raises chickens says I'm over reacting and he is probably right, he say's "just feed the live ones, bury the dead ones, and hope for an egg"  I know why he feels that way he has raised chickens for a long time, and I have seen dogs, hawks, and other wild animals come in and wipe out 10-30 at a time, and all of his are pets.  Well I will go now enough said.

Selkie

pollet died
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 15:58 »
hey betty,

i'm so sorry about this, but you really mustn't blame yourself for your pullet dying; from your message here it sounds like you've done everything possible to help your hens but sometimes these things just happen for no apparant reason.

it is terribly sad and my heart goes out to you, i know what it's like when your pet dies, but please please stop blaming yourself for it; i don't think you could have done anymore than you had done. it may just have been her time to pass.

i know that there are people like your friend who can distance themselves emotionally from this kind of thing but in my opinion they're the ones in the wrong. animals touch your life and give so much joy to us and when they pass it's only natural to be upset; tragically some of them are only in our lives for a very brief time.

so try and remember the happy times and please don't blame yourself any more.

sending out a virtual hug for you
roisin xxxxx

muntjac

pollet died
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 17:29 »
im the rufty tufty around here .but recently i have had a few pets go on me and others i am close to so dont think your pal is so tough .,as rosemary said ,you done your best more than a lot of other keeprs do .. :) X
still alive /............

Selkie

pollet died
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 17:31 »
Quote from: "muntjac"
im the rufty tufty around here

aw but we love you just the same, munty! wouldn't have you any other way! :D

muntjac

pollet died
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 17:33 »
:oops:

Selkie

pollet died
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 17:34 »
:shock:  i made munty blush  :wink:

betty

• Experienced Member
THANK YOU
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 23:31 »
Thank you both for your kind words, and you are right.  I am just getting over the shock.  I still have my other ones to care about.  Monty, I knew you would know where I was comming from.  Ha Ha.  Well thank you again.  your friend Betty

muntjac

pollet died
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 00:25 »
no worries  betty :wink:

yorkshirerose

pollet died
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 12:14 »
Its always sad for those of us that are left here, when loved ones go, it is sooo true though - only the 'good uns' are taken.
Thoughts are with you Betty  :)
Live every day as your last - enjoy life and smile.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
pollet died
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 19:25 »
Quote from: "rosemarycallsthegoddess"
hey betty,

i'm so sorry about this, but you really mustn't blame yourself for your pullet dying; from your message here it sounds like you've done everything possible to help your hens but sometimes these things just happen for no apparant reason.

it is terribly sad and my heart goes out to you, i know what it's like when your pet dies, but please please stop blaming yourself for it; i don't think you could have done anymore than you had done. it may just have been her time to pass.

i know that there are people like your friend who can distance themselves emotionally from this kind of thing but in my opinion they're the ones in the wrong. animals touch your life and give so much joy to us and when they pass it's only natural to be upset; tragically some of them are only in our lives for a very brief time.

so try and remember the happy times and please don't blame yourself any more.

sending out a virtual hug for you
roisin xxxxx

If I was to reply here I'd say exactly what Rose has said

Big hug from me  :D

Oliveview

pollet died
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 11:13 »
A hen, a cat a dog, it is all the same when one dies, it is still very sad.  A pe is a pet, be it a goldfish even!
PAmela (in Spain)

xx
Hen died - cause?

Started by Helenaj on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 11, 2011, 12:09
by LittleRedHen
xx
Why has my hen died?

Started by tomgood99 on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post April 19, 2010, 17:19
by tomgood99
xx
Another hen has died

Started by Oliveview on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post October 18, 2008, 08:36
by poultrygeist
xx
She died........

Started by Happy-Hound on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post September 13, 2010, 11:31
by azubah

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 32 queries.