What I did on the plot today - 2012

• 2319 Replies

jmc1949

Re: What I did on the plot today - 2012
« Reply #1500 on: June 10, 2012, 16:18 »
More weeding and picked salad leaves, rocket and radish for tea, and a hispi cabbage. Also had a chat to the Chairman of the allotment association.

Yana

« Reply #1501 on: June 10, 2012, 18:47 »
Didn't go to lottie today.......
Spent the day sorting the garden and greenhouse. All cukes in final place and starting to climb all over the place  :lol:
 chillies and peppers have flowers and teeny-weeny fruit.
As usual aubs are sulking. Why do I bother with them??  :(
I have my own cement mixer and not afraid to use it!!

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #1502 on: June 10, 2012, 19:02 »
Spent three pleasant hours weeding the flower beds at the front of the plot, and am gradually reducung the dreaded grass.

Planted some blue and some white sweet peas, to climb on the fence I hope

Chatted to a few plot neighbours as they went past... thank you to the couple who gave me a cup of coffee as I had left my flask at home  :D :D :D

Cut a huge bunch of roses to take home -- the ones on the arch are just fine  :)
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

frizzy

« Reply #1503 on: June 10, 2012, 20:31 »
Was a nice day today, warm and slightly humid, cloudy with long sunny spells.  Tidied up the shed, tied up some of the taller broad  beans, frowned at the bean weevils, transplanted some more peas and kale.  Dug a strip of the unused section at the top of the plot, waiting for the clay to dry out a bit before I can do much else with it.  Pulled up two small turnips for a pre-tea snack :D
Saw lots of lovely bees   :)
The water butt has been half filled in the space of a week (it was empty before)
Appear to have a sunburnt hair parting  :blink:

snowdrops

« Reply #1504 on: June 10, 2012, 20:41 »
In the garden finished potting up the tomatoes & cucumbers & putting in their final positions,then cut the grass & finally decided to go to the plot even if only for an hour. Took 2 trays of onion seedlings with me in the hope I manage to clear enough ground to put them in. Well I did just that. Then I went on to hoe round the raspberries & a quick go at the rest of the onion bed.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mjpalin

• MJ - also known as Michelle!
    • Starmaker - my other "hobby"
« Reply #1505 on: June 10, 2012, 20:44 »
Not much today as helped mum selling at a boot sale this morning (thankfully the rain held off). Planted the final 3 plants i have room for on my little (5m x 10m plot) this afternoon. Really beginning to despair that the people who have the other half have done nothing this season and all the weeds are going to seed, and the next 3 plots are all in a similar state, so it's a constant battle to stop their weed seeds planting and taking hold on our plot.

"Supposedly" inspections took place recently, and I hope these have a positive result as we're desperate to expand if we can :-)
Link to my first attempt at a diary: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113513.0

Comments & suggestions on my diary welcome here: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113518.0

Spend ytd: £293.44 (setting up plot 29 has been expensive) Harvest ytd: £163.93 (as at 8/8)

plot-life

• Plot-Life Blogspot
« Reply #1506 on: June 10, 2012, 21:28 »
Had a barby, weeded brassica cage and watched bees in broad beans, barrowed spent hops around to mulch...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 19:54 by Aunt Sally »

Gandan57

« Reply #1507 on: June 11, 2012, 12:59 »
It`s been garden wars this morning. The score is, (approximate), secateurs 300 molluscs 0. Hiding eight feet up in the clematis montana is no defence. ;)

« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 21:02 by Aunt Sally »
I`m left handed, what`s your excuse?

gavinjconway

• My Allotment Progress Website
« Reply #1508 on: June 11, 2012, 18:15 »
Had a barby, weeded brassica cage and watched bees in broad beans, barrowed spent hops around to mulch...

http://plot-life.blogspot.co.uk/
First attempt at an allotment blog, be nice!

Looks good... You will probably be asked to remove the link as links to blogs are not allowed.. add the address to you profile and it will show under your pic as a globe web link.. (My links to my site were always removed..)
Now a member of the 10 Ton club.... 2013  harvested 588 Kg from 165 sq mt..

AnneB

« Reply #1509 on: June 11, 2012, 19:53 »
A 2 day report.  Yesterday I planted out some more tomatoes and lettuce at home. The hot radishes have all come up.  Intended to go up to the plot, but latest deluge arrived.  Went up after work today instead.  Dug out last year's celery.  Planted out some Tuscan kale, swede, pak choi, green cauliflower, dwarf beans, sweetcorn and a courgette.  Tied up some beans waving in the breeze. Earthed up the spuds. Gave the beans a seaweed feed, they were looking a bit yellow.

Lots of stuff slow to take off.  Unwanted pond at bottom of plot has re-appeared.   The late planted onion experiment is going well, the onions planted on 22nd May seem to be one of the few things growing well.

Carrots still a complete no show, this time on second sowing too.

plot-life

• Plot-Life Blogspot
« Reply #1510 on: June 11, 2012, 21:58 »

Looks good... You will probably be asked to remove the link as links to blogs are not allowed.. add the address to you profile and it will show under your pic as a globe web link.. (My links to my site were always removed..)

Apologies + thanks for the pointers Gavin... still finding my feet.

P

richrua

• Experienced Member
    • allotment ireland
« Reply #1511 on: June 11, 2012, 23:30 »
well with all the football I have been neglecting the plot. So I went twice today. Weeded plenty and planted out about 15 dwarf beans in the soil of my large frame. Never tried them before so I am hoping the frame will let me get a few off them.

Put up a bit of web for the couple of hundred peas that are charging up.

Caught a dozen or so slugs this evening too.....
You'll never plow a field by turning it over in your mind.

"Tús maith leath na hoibre."

allotment-bill

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1512 on: June 12, 2012, 10:50 »
been up and dug some of my early spuds swift not a bad return per tuber first time Ive grown these ones , picked some peas for our dinner ,then went into greenhouse and got on with potting on some curly kale and winter savoys sprouts and 40 lavender plants for the the walk way to the shed , ::) ::) then tryed to have a tidy up round the two plots before the rain started to hard again lots of floods round here  :( :(
keep allotments alive grow your own

gavinjconway

• My Allotment Progress Website
« Reply #1513 on: June 12, 2012, 12:04 »

Apologies + thanks for the pointers Gavin... still finding my feet.

P

Were are all here to help...  enjoy the site - there is so much help and info here.. also use the site links on the top of the page - they are fantastic.

djbnat

« Reply #1514 on: June 12, 2012, 16:38 »
Went down to the plot for about 3 hours and dug up more of the couch grass the council kindly ploughed in before releasing the plots  >:( >:(  Had intended to put some swede seed in the ground I had cleared then realised I had just about every seed but those in my seed box - doh!  Never mind, will get some in to the newly prepared cleared section at the weekend, I know it may be a bit late but I suspect (hope) they will produce something.
Regards
DJB

xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
What I did on the plot today - 2014

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

1611 Replies
Last post December 30, 2014, 21:59
by Aidy
xx
What I did on the plot today 2022

Started by JayG on Grow Your Own

125 Replies
Last post December 22, 2022, 08:34
by Scottie

Page created in 0.38 seconds with 32 queries.