What I did on the plot today - 2012

• 2319 Replies

like diggingk

• Experienced Member
  • Our dog Molly relaxing on the allotment
Re: What I did on the plot today - 2012
« Reply #1170 on: May 08, 2012, 16:25 »
dug out the bed I plan to put my runner beans in eventually and added lots of compost, a bit of sand because it's very clay'y, some blood fish and bone and for good measure , chucked some chicken manure pellets in. Put a mini polytunnel over it to start warming the soil up.

Covered one of the shed windows with some strong plastic to keep the rain out. Waited patiently for the 3rd time for the man to come and felt my shed roof. He didn't turn up but fingers crossed it will all be done when I arrive tomorrow. If not I'll do it myself.

Met my plot neighbour for the first time and had a chat with her about my polytunnel and I agreed to move it further away from her plot (my suggestion not hers) as it might shade the decking area where she likes to sit. So my job for tomorrow is to get rid of the turf in the new location and dig a trench.

Am currently sat looking at the homebase website for ideas of paint colours for the shed. No boring brown for me. Was contemplating something stripey and possibly pink!

i have a pink shed  :D
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 16:26 by like diggingk »

allotmentann

« Reply #1171 on: May 08, 2012, 18:35 »
Potted up, potted up and potted up some more! From paper pots to larger pots, basil, anise, lavender, rosemary, thyme, oregano, lovage, amaranth, borage, orange peppers, courgettes, mixed peppers, strawberry sticks, dill, fennel (bulbing and none bulbing), leeks, welsh onions, spring onions, giant red celery, crystal lemon cucumber, custard marrow, sweet mace, clary sage, winter savory and red veined sorrel. Can't move in the greenhouses now!

Mafro

• The Bushcraft Magazine
« Reply #1172 on: May 08, 2012, 19:42 »
Not at the plot but potted on 10 brussel sprouts and 10 purple sprouting brocolli plants.

Just need a break in the weather to prepare their bed :)
Bushcraft & Mushroom Mad

mattwragg94

« Reply #1173 on: May 08, 2012, 20:54 »
today i dug over the side of the house, so that my mum could put soem plants in, then i potted up my strawbs, then i cut the grass, followed by cutting down the grass that had swamped the strwaberry patch, then i put in my bigga pea in a trough, the kelsea in pots and also some of the chilli's in pots.

Then i moved onto the veg patch and i put in the left over cabbages and lettuces. Then i put in my crown and king tut peas - which ive never grown before, but they will be saved for seed.

Thephoenix572

• my lottie 2012
« Reply #1174 on: May 08, 2012, 21:01 »
Planted some celeriac under pop bottle cloches, weeded the onion patch and started to dig over the last remaining plot still with dandelions poking through
All the way from my allotment in beautiful Derbyshire. I'm in year 3 of my allotment and wish I'd caught the bug years ago, things growing from strength to strength

NN2Blue

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1175 on: May 08, 2012, 21:01 »
Planted out module sown Blauschokker and Carouby de Moussane peas. Not happening again.  :mad: Need to develop a more efficient system or give 20% to the mice!! Also planted the  Chick Peas,  Pascia or at least the one's that could be bothered to germinate.

Hardening off the tomatoes.

Hampshire Hog

« Reply #1176 on: May 08, 2012, 22:35 »
Collected 7 bags of spent mushroom compost and took to the plot.
Yes running late this year! Spread some on my bean bed and sweetcorn area.
Hopefully it won't be too hot when I plant out seedlings from greenhouse.

Must be be pretty strong at present given the warmth of the bags!

Cheers HH   
Keep digging

Li

« Reply #1177 on: May 08, 2012, 23:08 »
Had a lovely 2 hrs on plot planted chinese cabbage and ordinary cabbage i call it lol helped another plot owner plant out their beans, peas and broad beans thyr'e are a group with learning problems but we have such a good laugh with them so it was a lovely day in all  :D

Paul Plots

« Reply #1178 on: May 09, 2012, 01:41 »
Four and a half hours on the plots today to make up for all the missed days when it poured.

Cut the grass paths with a push mower  :wacko: and did the edges.
Planted more peas and onions (hoping they will come to something despite being late)
Put in spring onions

Hoed and hoed and hoed.... the rain has done wonders for the weed seeds hope my carrots notice!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 09:34 by Paul Plots »
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

gavinjconway

• My Allotment Progress Website
« Reply #1179 on: May 09, 2012, 09:01 »
Potted up, potted up and potted up some more! From paper pots to larger pots, basil, anise, lavender, rosemary, thyme, oregano, lovage, amaranth, borage, orange peppers, courgettes, mixed peppers, strawberry sticks, dill, fennel (bulbing and none bulbing), leeks, welsh onions, spring onions, giant red celery, crystal lemon cucumber, custard marrow, sweet mace, clary sage, winter savory and red veined sorrel. Can't move in the greenhouses now!

Hi Allo... I'm baffled - please can you tell me what "strawberry sticks" are...
Now a member of the 10 Ton club.... 2013  harvested 588 Kg from 165 sq mt..

Martyg

« Reply #1180 on: May 09, 2012, 09:33 »
Not made it down today.
But have a spotted the tiniest green shoot in my attempt to grow root ginger at home.  :lol:

NN2Blue

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1181 on: May 09, 2012, 09:53 »

Hi Allo... I'm baffled - please can you tell me what "strawberry sticks" are...

http://tinyurl.com/d7xohva

Strawberry sticks AKA "Strawberry Spinach"

Growing it for the first time this year - have a nice pot of seedlings on the widow ledge.

Dom2599

« Reply #1182 on: May 09, 2012, 13:02 »
Finally repaired the greenhouse, weeded onions and generally pottered about

Paul Plots

« Reply #1183 on: May 09, 2012, 13:47 »
Finally repaired the greenhouse, weeded onions and generally pottered about

Repaired the greenhouse - I'm pleased you have but I have one that has 19 broken panes.  :( It came with the new garden over the road. Glass is pretty expensive so I'm going to try to cut some to fit as I have a pile from a previous disaster.

Haven't cut glass for years.  :blink:

Thephoenix572

• my lottie 2012
« Reply #1184 on: May 09, 2012, 14:48 »
Planted some lettuce plug plants that were 20p from wilkos and yet more digging. Digging nearly done then cracking open a beer

xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
What I did on the plot today - 2013

Started by Paul Plots on Grow Your Own

2699 Replies
Last post December 31, 2013, 19:40
by snowdrops
xx
Have rotavated the plot today

Started by Peterjohn on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post February 10, 2008, 09:03
by shaun

Page created in 0.329 seconds with 34 queries.