Egg dishes!

• 38 Replies

daved

Egg dishes!
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2007, 23:30 »
Quote from: "gobs"
Quote from: "daved"
pickled eggs???
haddock+potato bake with added boiled egg slices and crispy golden melted cheese on the top-
i likes eggs me!

Well, they can be handy, when they don't lay so many, but I've no clue how that goes in Australia. :roll:

And which bottom of the world is your neck up, then?

i was just attempting to be helpfull as to the original request as to what to do with a surplus of eggs- i merely thought that my suggestion for pickled eggs was fully warrented as nobody had suggested it
  as for the haddock and potato bake topped with boiled eggs and crispy cheese FYI they do have haddock in australia or maybe a further suggestion for a more common australian fish would be something like barramundi, flathead or sea bream or maybe travelly which are are quite commonly available down under

as for my location - g'day mate

gobs

Egg dishes!
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2007, 09:40 »
Tortillas are good, and you can always pickle them as well. :)

:wink:

So, I assumed you were commenting on that. :lol:  :lol:
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

David.

Egg dishes!
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2007, 17:54 »
Quote from: "WG."
You can eat too many eggs BTW.  Swop them with your neighbours for other things ... like beer!  You cannot have too much beer :wink:

Does this mean you can eat more eggs?

LINK

"Remember when eggs were off limits because of their cholesterol content (one large whole egg contains about 213 grams)? Well, not only are eggs back--with studies finding that even two eggs a day have no effect on cholesterol--but certain eggs are actually beneficial. That’s because some farmers have begun producing so-called “designer” eggs, extra high in omega-3 fatty acids. They do this by adding flaxseed to chicken feed. The label will clearly indicate this with wording like “omega-3 enriched” or “high in omega-3 fatty acids.” You can find these eggs in most groceries. Eggs are an ideal source of protein. And while one egg contains 4.5 grams of fat, half of that fat is unsaturated."

I eat loads of eggs (including fried eggs sandwiches, egg & chips (own potatoes though), etc., but because I suffer from high blood pressure, I get my cholesterol level checked regularly - and its still extemely low.

gobs

Egg dishes!
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2007, 20:30 »
As quite a few of us seem to be eating more than a few eggs a week, we might as well turn this into a poll, some clever way, as without age and health known, nut much use it were.

Yes, I also do eat more than 3-4 eggs a week and I'm OK, I do not know my chol, but I'm not much old to judge.

Any ideas, Whiggy(I'm sorry that's just so much nicer than WG), like

Eat more, well and young, etc( :!: make a seperate one for someone on the diet), if it can be done. :wink:

WG.

Egg dishes!
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2007, 20:39 »
Any ideas, Whiggy
Anyone can post a Poll in Off Topic - just be sure to cover all possible options  :wink:

gobs

Egg dishes!
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2007, 20:42 »
That's a non-starter, not that methodical as to work that out. :(

Successfully. :lol:

SkipRat

Egg dishes!
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2007, 02:02 »
When I used to work offshore there was a bloke who came out with us and for his breakfast every day he would eat 12 boiled eggs (no joke) then after he had eaten them he would eat a full monty breakfast.  :shock:  :shock:
I used to work in a helium gas factory, but I walked out, no one talks to me like that.

gobs

Egg dishes!
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2007, 09:49 »
Quote from: "SkipRat"
he would eat a full monty breakfast.  :shock:  :shock:

Is there something I do not know or you after the naughty step :?:  :lol:

WG.

Egg dishes!
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2007, 19:51 »
Quote from: "SkipRat"
When I used to work offshore there was a bloke who came out with us and for his breakfast every day he would eat 12 boiled eggs
I'll bet there was a waiting list to share a cabin with him.  NOT!!  :lol:

xx
Cardboard microwave dishes

Started by mooncatsmum on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

4 Replies
Last post February 05, 2010, 18:58
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 35 queries.