babe

• elvis king of chooks
Goodbye my beautiful Mollie
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 20:58 »

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2008, 21:15 »
Awwww, so sorry to read this post Viv.  But she couldn't go on forever, much as you would like her to!!

You'll be together again one day!!!

compostqueen

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2008, 09:53 »
It is very, very sad indeed but you have to let them go when life gets too painful and difficult for them. You struggle with the decision and get wracked with guilt over when the time is right but you know in your heart when the time comes.  You do love them so much though so you feel your heart will break at their loss.  It does for a time but it does get better I promise you

I lost my Jack Russell last Jan and he was 16.  Me and OH struggled with the decision for about a month, spoke to our vet about it who was brilliant. In the end my poor dog fell downstairs and cut his head which for me was the last straw and I knew I had to let him go. If he'd broken a leg or something that would have been devastating.  We had him cremated and have his ashes at home and I've made a lovely photo montage of all our happiest moments and hung it on the wall in the lounge  :D

babypoogle

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2008, 10:03 »
What a beautiful dog.  So so sorry for you.

(((HUGS)))

Poogle xxx

Tina&Tony

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2008, 16:19 »
Can I just add my heartfelt thoughts and feeling to those above..  She'll be asleep now but she will always be with you...  I've had to make the same horrible decision in the past and know how you must feel..  
Love Tina x

hermon

« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2008, 19:48 »
sorry for your loss you know you did the right thing if she was suffering. :cry:

wighty

« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2008, 20:54 »
I had the same decision to make last year withmy boxer bitch, boxers are only supposed to do 8 - 12 but she was 14.  When the dog went it was because his kidneys packed up but with 'Fidgety Fart bum' (pet name) it was because she was causing the house to smell with her 'wee problem' and she had lumps which boxers are prone to, we had had it removed twice before at a cost of £250 a time and it was on her lip  so every time she ate it bled and I couldn't eat my dinner with blood on it.  I feel so sorry for you but you made the right decision, pity we can't do it with humans (sorry worked in a nursing home for two years)

NormandyMary

« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2008, 21:11 »
Please accept my sincere condolences on your loss. I have always said that if and when the time comes for my 3 moggies, I will always know that they have had a brilliant life. It doesnt lessen the pain though.
I am sending you a big hug, and positive thoughts.

Take care,

Maryx

Grasshopper

• Experienced Member
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2008, 15:55 »
So sorry Viv but you have to think of the wonderful life you gave her as things for her could have been so different. Last month I had to say goodbye to my little Co-Co. At eighteen years old she had been my constant companion for sixteen years after aquiring her in one hell of a state from a dog rescue centre (she was due to be put down) at the age of two. I like to think that I gave her a decent life and when it comes down to it that is all they ask. As you say we will all meet again someday.
He's my best buddy, my dog called Woody.
If it works, organic. If it don't, well.........??

xx
Saying goodbye......

Started by Bonniebean on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post January 09, 2011, 21:45
by NormandyMary
xx
Just said goodbye!

Started by Lost in France on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post February 15, 2008, 17:57
by Lost in France
sad
Goodbye!

Started by coco colin on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post September 19, 2009, 00:53
by iwantanallotment
xx
A sad goodbye to chicken keeping

Started by whiskygalore on The Hen House

15 Replies
Last post July 14, 2008, 23:35
by nettynoodles1

Page created in 0.229 seconds with 34 queries.