Unscrupulous on-line plant sellers

• 25 Replies

viettaclark

Re: Unscrupulous on-line plant sellers
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2010, 21:26 »
Yup...paid by Paypal and I know I'm covered but I WANT MY LARGE PLANTS!
Seeing as I've got an email from them offering this when they get more in I'm going to wait a bit and see before I get heavy......

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2010, 21:28 »
Be careful because you are only allowed so may days before you can claim through paypal.

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2010, 21:34 »
Lodge a complaint via paypal.  I did once and they were very good. 

I very much doubt they had large plants to send in the first place.  The con seems to be the description of the volume of container.   >:(
Cheese makes everything better.

viettaclark

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2010, 23:27 »
On the description they stated LARGE plants so I've definitely got them over a barrel! Don't need to go to Paypal until 10 days are up.
Should be interesting to see if they reply to my last mail.
I was wondering whether to ask for another couple of small plants of each as I think you're right, Mum.
And if they DO sort it out I wonder what feedback to write? They've been courteous and helpful.....just telling me to send it all back for a refund, which is not on.......It's obviously not an isolated case....

greenun

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2010, 06:58 »
I buy off ebay a fair bit and had a couple of problems, one with no address.
You have to hunt around the site for contact seller details. This gives you their address and phone number. If it's not above board dob them in to ebay, these people don't last long.

SG6

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2010, 09:20 »
Have to get in the habit of searching for what you want, then spending 15 minutes searching for information about the seller.

I have done the same, spent 30-60 minutes locating something I want then ordering but not finishing the job by doing a search on the retailer.

Once went to get a new camera lens, 11 shops didn't have any at all, even phoned 2 up. Then one retailer had 43 of them in stock. Became suspicious at this sudden find so entered the retailers name. The first 5 pages of finds from google all said AVOID AT ALL COSTS. Seemed pretty indicative of them. Never did get the lens.

viettaclark

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2010, 01:00 »
It's a good day.
Got the phone number of ebay seller when I put in a complaint and rang him. Kept it sweetness and light and said I didn't really blame him...it was Gardening Express etc. Said I was concerned about sending back the two crappy plants because he may not reimburse me and I had already spoken to Trading Standards.
Blow me he reimbursed me for the two plants and postage straight away through Paypal.
I have written a bad review on Consumerhighstreet, this forum has been told, as well as ebay and Consumer Direct. I don't want anyone else having problems!
I also got to keep the 2 little plants which I'm going to do my best to nurture. They could be ready to plant out next year.....not quite "large" plants, eh?

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2010, 07:07 »
great result.....but it's not something anyone should have to put up with in the first place.

Kristen

• K's Garden blog
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2010, 09:55 »
My 2p worth

I've had a couple of bad experiences on eBay (but hundreds of good ones ...)

I send all communications through eBay, rather than email direct, then eBay have a complete record - I expect they snoop on such things, but either way it may help if there is ever any "You never sent me that" type argument from the other party.

I did a small claims thingie once.  It was incredibly easy to do online - never had to leave my armchair, although there is cost involved so no point if you don;t think the other party is a) in the UK and b) making enough money to be able to afford to pay.

Entered all my costs, and interest (neither amounted to much, but the form includes all the appropriate boxes, and an interested calculator, so again easy to do).

I was awarded "judgement" after a few weeks, and then given another form to fill in to send the bailiffs round.  More fees to pay, and I was a bit in two minds, but within a week I got a cheque from the bailiffs for the full amount, all my costs / interest, all court fees, all bailiff fees ...

greenun

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2010, 11:00 »
Well done.
That's something I didn't know about although not many people will :D believe it.

Onei

• Gardening Tools for Children
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2010, 12:21 »
Check out the distant selling regulations. They should have to take any item back by law, but you might have to pay the postage, if the goods aren't faulty. Many companies put on their websites that they will only take goods back within 7 days of delivery in fact I think by law it is 14 days.

xx
Should I line this planter....

Started by mrs bouquet on General Gardening

2 Replies
Last post June 20, 2019, 12:20
by mrs bouquet
xx
Old Rotary Clothes Line!?

Started by omits on General Gardening

5 Replies
Last post April 27, 2024, 10:54
by hasbeans
clip
Plant Id please

Started by Under The Hill on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post April 25, 2020, 18:30
by mumofstig
clip
Plant

Started by mdjlucan on General Gardening

1 Replies
Last post August 21, 2022, 19:27
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 29 queries.