Noise Levels?

• 3 Replies

darrena

• Experienced Member
Noise Levels?
« on: March 08, 2010, 20:05 »
HI,

Just wondered which is the louder ducks or chickens, I have 2 welsh harlequin ducks which are now 8 months been laying for months but are getting so much louder now and i'm sure if we will be able to sustain this noise levels without some significant complaints from neigbours.

Just wondered how noisey chickens are in relation

Thanks
Darren

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
Re: Noise Levels?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 20:10 »
They can be just as noisy  ::) I have chooks and ducks together and the chooks are noisier earlier in the day and the ducks mid-afternoon. I have had chickens who have made more noise than a cockerel and my drakes are noisier than my ducks which is the reverse of what it should be!

What time of day are they being noisy? I imagine as long as they are quiet early mornings the neighbours wont have much grounds for a complaint. Also, you may be surprised at how much neighbours like to hear the ducks and chooks talking away  :)

darrena

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 20:30 »
Hi
They are noisey early as soon as they hear us in the house which is when our 2 year old wakes up, sometimes as early as 4.30. They only make noise until they are let out but do have a tendancy to kick off if they see us busying around inside regardless of the time of day think they just like to know whats happening.
One of them also just goes spare whenever she sees me outside and they dont just do the quite quack its the scream of a quack, it just makes me cringe

janet12000

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 21:40 »
My 2 ducks (khaki campbells) also  make a racket when they see me pottering about in the morning when I get up to walk the dog about 6 am.
They shut up when I give them a bowl of water in the run.

xx
ex bats food levels and malting question

Started by slurp on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post March 30, 2009, 21:06
by mrs.ploppy
xx
Noise?

Started by francais on The Hen House

15 Replies
Last post October 13, 2009, 20:13
by grumpydad
xx
New noise.

Started by Lardman on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post April 21, 2009, 19:17
by raeburg
xx
Hen introductions and noise!

Started by SarahJC on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post August 31, 2009, 12:08
by lucylou

Page created in 0.217 seconds with 32 queries.