pet insurance

• 4 Replies

sue anne

pet insurance
« on: December 12, 2009, 08:51 »
My hens occasionally get out of the garden and have a stroll down the roadside verge of a fairly busy road.  They have a large garden to roam about in but I suppose the grass is always greener...............but this concerns me as I do not want them to cause an accident.  Has anybody ever insured against this with pet insurance which covers public liability. Don't even know if you can insure chickens, do you?

sueanne

ehs284

Re: pet insurance
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 13:13 »
You won't be able to insure against a predictable occurence which (legally) will be due to your own act or negligence. Sorry that this is not helpful, but if the insurance salesperson tells you that you would have cover, it would not be true.This must be a common worry in places as I see lots close to the edge of the road around here. I'm lucky as ours make Steve McQueen look like teletubby, but then head for the high fields.

sue anne

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 16:36 »
Thank you ehs for your reply.  I think that I will have to double the netting and clip a few wings.  There are a few of mine that have Houdini as their middle name. 

sueanne

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 19:56 »
I didn't know that about insurance - they won't cover for predictable and they won't pay for 'acts of God' so you wonder what they do pay for!

There is  a house on the lane we go up that often has roaming chickens, not to mention ducks and geese. Always worries me - more for the animals than anything else.

Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Paul Plots

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 21:19 »
I didn't know that about insurance - they won't cover for predictable and they won't pay for 'acts of God' so you wonder what they do pay for!

There is  a house on the lane we go up that often has roaming chickens, not to mention ducks and geese. Always worries me - more for the animals than anything else.

I can remember visiting a farm as a kid - the chickens wandered everywhere including across the lane... It always worried me that a car might come along and flatten one.

These days they wouldn't stand a chance  :(
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

xx
Insurance

Started by WhatCameFirst on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post June 20, 2008, 14:23
by blossom1044
xx
Smallholder / Farm Insurance

Started by gsc on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 13, 2010, 08:52
by gsc

Page created in 0.253 seconds with 28 queries.