Compost Bin

• 6 Replies

compostqueen

Compost Bin
« on: May 17, 2010, 13:37 »
I found a compost bin today, long discarded and forgotten. Got OH to help me haul it out the hedge as it was huge  :D

Well, at least I think it's a compost bin. It has no top or bottom, is round and made of plastic and it's got narrowish sections which slide up and down and it's got biggish holes all over it. It must be about 4 foot diameter

So, it's now sitting in the rough bit of my garden waiting til I can find a home for it 

I love finding free stuff.  Has anyone else got one of these?  I can't find a picture of one on Google

Yabba

Re: Compost Bin
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 15:24 »
Does it look anything like this? @link extendable compost bin

¥

compostqueen

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 16:22 »
Yes it does, but bigger I'd say. Pale grey greeny colour although I think it's faded  :)

Ta for the research. You got further than I did

Yabba

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 18:31 »
No worries ;)

¥

compostqueen

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 09:51 »
I Googled and found the GeoBin which is similar.  The one I found has large holes though so I expect the newer model has only small breather holes. Mind you can't complain  :)

I thought I might rig it up and use it for the big, thuggish stuff like brassica stalks and the huge sunflower stems 

Jeanieblue

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 17:25 »
I Googled and found the GeoBin which is similar.  The one I found has large holes though so I expect the newer model has only small breather holes. Mind you can't complain  :)

I thought I might rig it up and use it for the big, thuggish stuff like brassica stalks and the huge sunflower stems 

What a wonderful find!  We have a builders barrow which had been abandoned deep in a clump of brambles near our local station. It was a tad embarrassing wheeling  it past people waiting for the next train ... should have checked the timetable to be more discreet ... but it was worth the red face and still serves us well!

Don't forget to bash up those stems .... although it's hard work and I confess to giving the last lot to the council in the green bin! 

Still glowing, still growing, still going strong!

compostqueen

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 20:32 »
I bash them with the hatchet. Really therapeutic  :D     I leave the heads for the birds and then compost them when they start to keel over  :)

xx
B & Q Compost

Started by Sprouts on Frugal Living

5 Replies
Last post April 11, 2012, 19:26
by Lawrence
xx
If you need compost

Started by Christine on Frugal Living

23 Replies
Last post November 26, 2008, 09:17
by compostqueen
xx
Compost

Started by Cavolo Nero on Frugal Living

5 Replies
Last post February 27, 2010, 12:44
by Cavolo Nero
xx
Seed compost

Started by WG. on Frugal Living

7 Replies
Last post September 05, 2007, 12:32
by muntjac

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 35 queries.