Bread Makers

• 64 Replies

solway cropper

Re: Bread Makers
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 21:26 »
Got ours from a local charity shop as a freebie as they aren't allowed to sell electrical goods. It's a  Russell Hobbs "Breadman' and has been making 3 loaves a week for over 3 years. I experimented at first as the recipe book didn't give me the loaf I wanted but now I get perfect results every time. Don't mind the hole at the bottom as that big thick chunk with the hole either gets dunked in soup or goes to feed the birds.

johnfh

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 21:43 »
My OH makes some lovely bread but usually finishes it off in the oven for the last 15 minutes or so.  We find this makes the crust crispier and also results in the bread being less 'solid' than when you stick rigidly to the bread maker alone.  Also another tip we got is always to put an egg or two in the mixture which really improves the taste in our opinion. Experiment!
John

janette

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 22:21 »
hi I have made bread for 41 years and never used a breadmaker just a mixer or by hand whenthe mixer broke and it certainly pays to buy the best flour and yes mixing white and wholemeal is a very good idea. Janette

janed6

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 23:43 »

bread maker.

for many years my husband has always wanted one of these, and I flatly refused as we can get perfectly adequate bread from town.
Last summer er spent some time with some friends and their bread maker. I was converted,  and one came here the following week.
The bread is delicious
You have a choice of various flour etc
Its always fresh bread now.
And as we have been snow bound for the best part of three weeks, its been fantastic.
All cheers to the bread maker (even if there is a hole at the bottom, no one else can see it!)
life is fro living - so come on join me to enjoy it....even if its raining.

Elaine G

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 23:46 »
Just to add my vote.
I have a panasonic, recommended by a friend, and would not be without it. Yes you get a hole but you get used to it. I also do half and half white/wholemeal.
I buy shop bread rarely now that I know what they do to it.

Elaine
The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet - James Oppenheim

Poolfield2

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2010, 08:36 »
Have you seen this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PANASONIC-BREAD-MAKER-SD-254_W0QQitemZ250559518833QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_HGKitchen_SmallApp_RL?hash=item3a5682d871

Wonder what happened to the blade and how much one would cost? thanks Poolfield but think will give it a miss.

I've just realised that people seem to sell the paddle separately, I suppose they make extra money that way.

mrs.ploppy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2010, 14:28 »
Spares are available from the manufacturer usually. Paddles and bowls etc.
mrs.ploppy

digalotty

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2010, 14:51 »
ive just seen a morphy richards bread maker in asda reduced from £50 to£35 you may want to check it out,  
when im with my 9yr old she's the sensible one

MoreWhisky

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2010, 14:53 »
Thanks digalotty will check it out, dont suspose you remember what model it was do you? as could check it out online before a trip to asda.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2010, 15:28 »
MW, do you have a makro card or can you get hold of one, they had my on sale for half price. http://www.morphyrichards.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?Product=48271 I seem to remember it was around £45, I think vat will need to be added but it is well worth the money, mine is nearly two years old now, I was lucky, mine came on a home trial, use it for 6 months then report back, but you get to keep them  :tongue2: loads of options for all kinds of bread, cakes, wicked jam etc. Shop around there must be some bargains to be had somewhere.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2010, 17:07 »
I used the machine to make the dough and then formed it into 6 rolls. I put them on the baking tray (inside a polybag) onto the radiator propped up by the armchair.

Sadly Lucy the cat has decided to help with the kneading and walked all over them, and they ended up on the floor. Luckily all was still inside the bag, so have knocked the dough back....hopefully it will rise again.

Breadmakers have advantages........being cat proof is one of them :dry:

madcat

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2010, 17:46 »
 :ohmy: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mind you some of those big breadmakers with the flat tops would make a lovely warm place for a kitten kip!
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

digalotty

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2010, 18:30 »
sorry mate i didnt get the model no but it looked just like the one in argos, i seen it i store while noticing also that hovis bread mix was 2 for 1 at 75p but sold out

digalotty

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2010, 18:57 »
This is the bread I made using ingredients and not a bread mix.  its my first attempt and it tastes great  :D :D :D
Bread (600 x 450).jpg
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 19:00 by digalotty »

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2010, 19:13 »
looks yum :)

xx
Yogurt makers

Started by sclarke624 on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

4 Replies
Last post October 06, 2008, 23:34
by compostqueen
xx
ice cream makers out there any one tried non dairy?

Started by Madame Cholet on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

27 Replies
Last post April 04, 2013, 18:20
by Mrs Bee
xx
Bought bread tears, my bread crumbles, why?

Started by Kleftiwallah on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

10 Replies
Last post January 17, 2015, 19:53
by Scribbler
xx
Bread , oil

Started by chrissie B on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

6 Replies
Last post June 12, 2020, 10:47
by chrissie B

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 36 queries.