Early Morning Club

• 2706 Replies

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
Re: Early Morning Club
« Reply #435 on: May 09, 2014, 03:59 »
Morning all. Couldn't sleep past 5 as the noise out there is crazy. The cuckoo, nightingale, tits are all trying to drown out Sevi's crows. With temperatures set to soar and the windows having to be left open, we can say goodbye to lie ins for this year. The orioles are joining in now.

Bliss, I love summer early mornings! :D

Ma Lowe

• Allotment owner from Feb 2014
« Reply #436 on: May 09, 2014, 07:55 »
I woke at 3ish this morning to go to the lol couldn't get back to sleep was still looking at the clock at 4.30. I was going to get up and make a coffee and come on here but I got as far as sitting on the edge of the bed for 5 mins and decided that no I really need to just lie back down and try to sleep or I am going to be up all night. A long while later I must have dropped off in between the noisy birds and traffic passing the house. Left the window open which didn't help.
I don't know why I wake so early then can't get back to sleep other than I can't "log off" my head is full of stuff that I can't delete and it keeps running through it until I am exhausted  :wacko:

Supposed to be going away to East Sussex today but not sure I want to go now.

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #437 on: May 09, 2014, 09:04 »

3 days worth of Trimethoprim - you're correct. I was asked by Community Nurse on Tuesday whether I wanted a second 3 day course. I explained that I thought I'd leave the decision to medical staff as I was only going on past experience of my mother's symptoms. It seems to have done the trick... much better and brighter. I'm thinking of sleeping at home in my own bed tonight for the first time in six days.

Phoned for test results.... still not in. Bank Hols to blame I'm told. Hopeless really considering she collapsed last Friday and I was the one who asked for a urine test and then for the antibiotics. I think she would have been in hospital by now if I hadn't.

Considered making a complaint at the surgery.... might try a quiet word with the doctor involved as normally they do a very good job but I worry for elderly people who can't fight their own corner and have no one to represent their needs. Too many people on the books at our already enlarged local surgery... Stretched to busting.  :(
That is the problem nationwide with GP surgeries - far too stretched.
If your mum is better she shouldn't need a second course - better to save it in case she should really need it again ;)
Get some rest Paul :)

cadalot

« Reply #438 on: May 09, 2014, 14:24 »
In the day you went sat and took your turn, now you have to know you are going to be sick 2 - 4 weeks before you are so you can get an appointment  >:( My old doctor saw more patients in a day than these modern clowns see in a week.   

I have an appointment for 9:00 the Nurse turns up at 9:20, I get in at 9:30 after reading that I should be 10 minutes early and book in for my appointment, and how important it is to be punctual. On booking my next appointment the receptionist informs me that she is always late because she has problems with the missing the bus or train- would I like a later appointment, after explaining all that's going to do is push me back even more as she will still have top see those in front of me she is late for.

I proposed that the answer is for her to out of bed half an hour early so that you get to work on time - Doh!

devonbarmygardener

« Reply #439 on: May 09, 2014, 22:29 »
In the day you went sat and took your turn, now you have to know you are going to be sick 2 - 4 weeks before you are so you can get an appointment  >:( My old doctor saw more patients in a day than these modern clowns see in a week.   

I have an appointment for 9:00 the Nurse turns up at 9:20, I get in at 9:30 after reading that I should be 10 minutes early and book in for my appointment, and how important it is to be punctual. On booking my next appointment the receptionist informs me that she is always late because she has problems with the missing the bus or train- would I like a later appointment, after explaining all that's going to do is push me back even more as she will still have top see those in front of me she is late for.

I proposed that the answer is for her to out of bed half an hour early so that you get to work on time - Doh!

That makes me so mad!
Why offer an appointment that can't possibly be fulfilled because the nurse can't get to work on time! :mad:

miggs

« Reply #440 on: May 10, 2014, 06:17 »
Morning all.  :)

snowdrops

« Reply #441 on: May 10, 2014, 08:15 »
Again a complaint is needed & then they will need to investigate. If necessary she needs to start work later, by turning up late every day she is saying it doesn't matter if my patients have to wait  :mad:. I hate it when I am late for an appointment with my patients & always apologise. I f I make the appointment verbally I always say 10:00 or there abouts & explain I have got someone before so might run a bit late.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

devonbarmygardener

« Reply #442 on: May 10, 2014, 09:13 »
Again a complaint is needed & then they will need to investigate. If necessary she needs to start work later, by turning up late every day she is saying it doesn't matter if my patients have to wait  :mad:. I hate it when I am late for an appointment with my patients & always apologise. I f I make the appointment verbally I always say 10:00 or there abouts & explain I have got someone before so might run a bit late.
Its a bit different if you're already seeing a patient and you come across something unforseen. But for that surgery to basically lie to patients and make appointments that no-one is available to attend is so wrong.  >:(

snowdrops

« Reply #443 on: May 11, 2014, 06:10 »
Morning all, can't believe I'm first up!  Thought I better get up in case I went back to sleep & was late for my trip to the Malvern show today. Need to be up in the village for the coach at 8:10.

Paul Plots

« Reply #444 on: May 11, 2014, 12:05 »
Morning all, can't believe I'm first up!  Thought I better get up in case I went back to sleep & was late for my trip to the Malvern show today. Need to be up in the village for the coach at 8:10.

Hope you have a great day.... I'll be thinking of you and wishing the clouds away.

It sounds really interesting. We have nothing like that nearby.
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

snowdrops

« Reply #445 on: May 11, 2014, 19:34 »
Thanks Paul, I had a lovely day & your wishes for better weather worked, we didn't get wet, but it was very windy at times.

Paul Plots

« Reply #446 on: May 12, 2014, 00:27 »
Thanks Paul, I had a lovely day & your wishes for better weather worked, we didn't get wet, but it was very windy at times.

Delighted to hear the day went well for you. I bet it was interesting with loads to see.  :)

Quiet here on the southern-front - a few light spots of rain but an enjoyable hour in the garden complete with coffee followed by a sit down with a book.

(Oh I do love Sundays that end without having to read scrawled angry notes from my little sister.  :mellow:)

Auntiemogs

« Reply #447 on: May 12, 2014, 06:30 »
Morning campers!  :D 

Crikey, it's all been happening, hasn't it?  I'm so glad your Mum has you to stick up for her Paul, and that she's feeling better now.  Hopefully you're back in your own bed and catching up on your Z's.  ;)

Looks like another changeable day today, so I shall be under the lean-to potting up some runner beans.  :)
I would rather live in a world
where my life is surrounded by mystery
than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it...✿~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

Asherweef

« Reply #448 on: May 12, 2014, 07:16 »
Morning  :)

Had a good nights sleep after camping this weekend and looking after the cubs on fri and saturday. I'm still a little drained though   :(

Paul Plots

« Reply #449 on: May 12, 2014, 14:33 »
Morning  :)

Had a good nights sleep after camping this weekend and looking after the cubs on fri and saturday. I'm still a little drained though   :(

Up so early after camping with youngsters! You're doing well.

Long ago I ran 2 camps every year taking 60 Junior school children away on each camp. Loved it. The staff were amazing but it always left everyone (especially the children) absolutely whacked - loved it though.  :)
Our school was a popular choice with many parents and children partly because of the annual educational visits, our heated indoor swimming pool.... and our friendly community of course.

xx
Early morning bird antics, happen to you?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post July 06, 2023, 11:57
by DanielCoffey
xx
Book Club - the film

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post June 05, 2018, 15:34
by mrs bouquet
xx
Morning all :)

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

222 Replies
Last post July 29, 2018, 10:01
by Growster...
xx
Went to my local Gardening Club evening...

Started by Rhys on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post February 26, 2018, 21:49
by Rhys

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 48 queries.