Early Morning Club

• 2706 Replies

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
Re: Early Morning Club
« Reply #255 on: April 12, 2014, 07:05 »
Got dustbins full of pots thanks!

Rain? We're only forecast a spot about 1.00 pm. Will be well home by then! Off now, toodle pips.
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #256 on: April 12, 2014, 09:27 »
How early can you plant late broad beans?
  :)

About 548am; as soon as it gets light.  ;)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Paul Plots

« Reply #257 on: April 12, 2014, 23:29 »
How early can you plant late broad beans?
  :)

About 548am; as soon as it gets light.  ;)

Too late around here!! With the use of an LED flash-light I can nip out when the squirrels are snoring so avoiding their beedy little eyes seeing what I'm up to. Lets the plants settle in before the blaze of the morning sun hits them too.   :wacko:
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #258 on: April 13, 2014, 03:30 »
Morning all. Off to a car boot sale this morning, hate the things but needs must. Dreading it and weather does not look promising. :(

snowdrops

« Reply #259 on: April 13, 2014, 05:37 »
Mornin, where's everyone then? Tosca gone carbootin & here am I on my lonesome. Hubby sounds like a freight train so I gave in & got up. 1 load of towels in the tumble dryer & another in the washing machine. Might make a cake in a bit. DD will be up in a bit off to fire training again but she was Mardy yesterday so I'll only speak if spoken to  :(
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Growster...

« Reply #260 on: April 13, 2014, 06:03 »
Mornin, where's everyone then? Tosca gone carbootin & here am I on my lonesome. Hubby sounds like a freight train so I gave in & got up. 1 load of towels in the tumble dryer & another in the washing machine. Might make a cake in a bit. DD will be up in a bit off to fire training again but she was Mardy yesterday so I'll only speak if spoken to  :(

Hiyaaa Snows!

Dog wanted to go out, so had to get up, so here's a chum to chat with !

snowdrops

« Reply #261 on: April 13, 2014, 06:06 »
Ok then Growster, what you got planned for today?

Growster...

« Reply #262 on: April 13, 2014, 06:34 »
Ok then Growster, what you got planned for today?

Sorry Snows, got led away for tea...

Probably doing all the edges down at The Patch, as the grass is far to long there. It does mean some serious Glyphos as it's mainly couch grass, which invades the beds, but once done that's it for the season!

Also, as it's nice and dry, I'll get rotovating too, and do some earthing up as the spuds have all shown this week, which is a bit quick!

What have you got planned?

snowdrops

« Reply #263 on: April 13, 2014, 06:41 »
All being well Mr S is going to the plot with me & he's going to rotorvate some beds for me. I will make tea & generally flap about as he will go on about how untidy it all is. I've also got loads of weeding to do. Then if time do some on the garden & get the dinner done. Oh & change the bed,might do that when hubby get out of it,he objects vociferously if I do it with him still in it, he wouldn't object to a bed bath though  ;)

Growster...

« Reply #264 on: April 13, 2014, 06:49 »
Ha ha ha - bed-bath; my foot!

We have a new mattress and have to turn it every week or something dire happens to it, so that's my exercise done for the week..;0)

It's odd, but everything does look untidy around now, as there's so much to do all at the same time. I reckon we never really get it all looking right until July and anyway, Patches and Plots don't have to be pristine do they!

Have a good one anyway, and hopefully a tincture or three, as it is Sunday!

(Isn't it..?)

Ma Lowe

• Allotment owner from Feb 2014
« Reply #265 on: April 13, 2014, 07:45 »
Morning all, lovely sunny morning too, I must remember to close the curtains at night cos the sun rises and shines right on me and wakes me up. By the way I don,t go to bed and just leave the curtains open we have verticals blinds so don't need to close the curtains just in case you were wondering like  :D

Hoping to find a grapevine today and maybe a peach tree for the greenhouse then laying the slabs and gravel in the newly acquired greenhouse and then if time an hour or so on the plot putting the main crop potatoes in. Oh and more seed sowing especially tomatoes, it's all go here  :D

snowdrops

« Reply #266 on: April 13, 2014, 08:21 »

We have a new mattress and have to turn it every week or something dire happens to it, so that's my exercise done for the week..;0)

It's odd, but everything does look untidy around now, as there's so much to do all at the same time. I reckon we never really get it all looking right until July and anyway, Patches and Plots don't have to be pristine do they!

(Isn't it..?)

You'll have to get Mrs G to bed bath your foot :lol:

Made a Victoria sponge, baking as we type :) ps don't tell them on HLC I'm not supposed to be having any.

Asherweef

« Reply #267 on: April 13, 2014, 09:33 »
Up at 2:30 this morning as I can never sleep after a drink; decided to do a bit of minor DIY (putting the curtain rails back up and filling in some holes).

Springlands

« Reply #268 on: April 13, 2014, 09:35 »

(Isn't it..?)

You'll have to get Mrs G to bed bath your foot :lol:

Made a Victoria sponge, baking as we type :) ps don't tell them on HLC I'm not supposed to be having any.

HLC have spies everywhere!!  :lol:

Paul Plots

« Reply #269 on: April 13, 2014, 11:27 »
Well you have all been busy!

Me:- mother's tea and breakfast done, the animals sorted out, the broadbeans planted, a loaf on the go and now it's time for my morning to get started with the 4 Weekly paperwork chore....  :wacko:

It's odd, but everything does look untidy around now, as there's so much to do all at the same time. I reckon we never really get it all looking right until July and anyway, Patches and Plots don't have to be *pristine do they!

Our new plot warden thinks they do*.  ::) My dad's old plot is weedless - clean weed-free soil and the path edges are trimmed. I'm keeping it that way and gradually emptying the shed ready for the final escape. That'll have to be either an early morning flit or a last thing in the evening flight.

(The compost heap can stay)

xx
Early morning bird antics, happen to you?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post July 06, 2023, 11:57
by DanielCoffey
xx
Book Club - the film

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post June 05, 2018, 15:34
by mrs bouquet
xx
Morning all :)

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

222 Replies
Last post July 29, 2018, 10:01
by Growster...
xx
Went to my local Gardening Club evening...

Started by Rhys on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post February 26, 2018, 21:49
by Rhys

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 46 queries.