Fleece and copper question.

• 1 Replies

retrorose

« on: March 31, 2008, 21:23 »
I have never used horticultural fleece before, and with my seeds being sown in my new raised beds, I was wondering if there is a cheaper alternative to going out and buying it. I have a sheet of thin wadding that you would use to put in the seat of a kitchen chair ie about 1cm thick, very spongey light stuff. Do you think it would do instead? Now I know that it is probably a stupid question but someone might be using some alternative material.
I have also ordered some copper tape to put round the edge of the beds to keep slugs away. I was thinking that some 'Geoff Hamilton' type gardeners among you might have found cheaper forms of copper to put round their plants. Any ideas would be welcome.
Just starting to grow veg this year in four raised beds at home.

vegmandan

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 21:39 »
The thing with fleece is that it lets nearly all the light through and it breathes.
Your alternative might shade the plants too much ,and at this time of year they really want as much light as possible.

I don't think you have an alternative cost effective copper source to your tape since the price of copper's gone through the roof.

:D

xx
Quality question re: Copper tape

Started by Maryann on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post April 12, 2008, 15:41
by Maryann
xx
fleece question

Started by heygrow on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post April 11, 2012, 16:22
by mumofstig
xx
Using Fleece - lazy question

Started by Maryann on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post August 02, 2008, 01:59
by gobs
xx
Copper Mesh

Started by omits on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post May 16, 2024, 14:53
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.294 seconds with 28 queries.