Peach tree

• 4 Replies

Brambles

Peach tree
« on: May 03, 2009, 17:57 »
I was given a peach tree for my birthday in March.   It was about 5ft tall, the twiggy branches looked nice and green (and still do)...  But nothing is happening, I would have thought that by now there should be a few buds beginning to swell... but nothing.   It is in a sheltered spot, and in front of a wall that gets lovely and warm when the sun is out...   PLEASE, PLEASE does anyone know if this little tree is likely to do anything?  or am I being too impatient????

FCG

Re: Peach tree
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 18:02 »
It's probably still in the stage of "OMG TRANSPLANTED". It needs some time to get to the stage of "OMG, I HAZ MOAR ROOTZ". Once it's properly settled in, likely by the end of May, it'll reach the stage of "ZOMG FRUIT GROWING TIIIME".

:D

Brambles

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 23:28 »
Thank you...  Just what I was hoping to hear... Will watch my tree with a smile now :)

Trillium

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 01:26 »
Quite often fruit trees dug in the fall for spring sales are put into special cold storage, the affects of which can last for several months after the tree has been taken out. Had the exact thing happen to my 3 peach trees when they were given to me. It does take a few months for the plant sap to start running so just be patient

gobs

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 07:56 »
I had an apricot tree like that, that one was just dead, but good luck though. :)
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

xx
Peach tree

Started by jambop on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post April 24, 2018, 14:24
by jambop
xx
peach tree

Started by jevennett on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post March 14, 2010, 00:05
by Trillium
xx
Peach tree help

Started by dno71 on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post August 15, 2010, 17:29
by Trillium
xx
peach tree

Started by mr Isaccs on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post August 27, 2009, 11:23
by oddpaws

Page created in 0.358 seconds with 28 queries.