Seeing people's rooms on TV.

• 8 Replies

Goosegirl

Seeing people's rooms on TV.
« on: April 22, 2020, 11:36 »
I've found it fascinating when watching TV interviews with various people to see what their rooms are like in the background. The decoration and contents of their book shelves can tell you a lot about them. Thank goodness I'm not on video link because I have so many books on different topics that no-one wouldn't even know where to start!  ::)
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mrs bouquet

Re: Seeing people's rooms on TV.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 11:47 »
People watching is so interesting, many a happy hour spent on holidays doing just that.    As for their rooms, wasn't there a programme where the host said, "who lives in a house like this".  He had a nice gentle Canadian accent.  Just remembered, was it called "Through the Keyhole".    Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 13:43 »
People watching is so interesting, many a happy hour spent on holidays doing just that.    As for their rooms, wasn't there a programme where the host said, "who lives in a house like this".  He had a nice gentle Canadian accent.  Just remembered, was it called "Through the Keyhole".    Mrs Bouquet
The legendary Loyd Grossman!

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 17:50 »
Usually, the more vacuous or pompous the interviewee is, the bigger the bookcase..;0)

Does anyone remember Julie Walters showing Victoria Wood her snaps - "And these are my banisters.."!

It's a sort of common phrase here...

Goosegirl

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 12:19 »
Growster, for once I so disagree with you. I had a jolly good throw-out of my books that I hadn't read for ages which went to a local charity shop. I still have two full bookcases that seem to represent me over the years which, if you like, I will take some pics so you can see where I'm coming from. 

Growster...

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2020, 14:30 »
Goosey, I didn't mean normal, nice people like you, just the sort of overblown 'expert' one gets fed by the press - if anyone ever bothers to watch the 'news' nowadays!

I'm sure your bookcases are just fab, and when you've read them all (again), Mrs Growster is after a ton of books to re-read, as she's just finished the 'Burracombe' sagas...

I'll send a lorry, plus a tincture for your trouble..;0)

Goosegirl

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2020, 13:12 »
Growster. Do you have only one tincture left for GG to consume after a hard day trying to complete yet another Guardian cryptic crossword? My childhood books meant so much to me that I loved just reading them again and again. I have a Brother's Grimm's fairy tale book which has been packed away for our house move, but I remember it had pictures showing three dogs whose eyes changed to something like a large pair of binoculars. Does anyone remember this?     

mrs bouquet

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2020, 14:36 »
Yes, I remember Grimms Fairytales.    They frightened me, so I hid the book in my big old wardrobe, along with a toy panda, who my Merchant Sailor Uncle bought for me in New York.   He and the crew went to the pictures and it was so big, he had to buy it a seat.     I was terrified of both book and panda.   My bookcase is upstairs on my landing/reading area.    I haven't been up there for such a long time, I cannot remember what is up there.  :D  Mrs Bouquet

Growster...

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2020, 15:14 »
When my lovely sister came down to stay several years ago, I gave her back her copy of 'The swish of the curtain', by Pamela Brown, which I'd 'pinched' from her own library sometime around 1957...

Luckily, she remembered it and only charged me £3,078.00 for the fine, and we were all square...

I still owe her £30.00 for her Lambretta though, so I may well be out on the streets after that payback..:0(

xx
How many people know .....

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post November 12, 2018, 12:35
by Goosegirl
xx
Beautiful People

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post December 09, 2023, 13:22
by mrs bouquet
xx
What is WRONG with people?

Started by sunshineband on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post October 09, 2018, 11:33
by Goosegirl
xx
Famous people look-alikes.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post July 09, 2018, 23:09
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 37 queries.