Nasty Cockerel

• 1 Replies

10tuppence

Nasty Cockerel
« on: April 02, 2012, 20:40 »
Hello .. I have a GORGEOUS Chocolate Orpington L/F cockerel called (Chocolate) and since january he has just turned EVIL !! i know that he is just protecting his hens but its rather a pain in the B*TT, especially as I HAND RAISED HIM LAST YEAR and made sure i handled him along with his siblings every day and now he WILL NOT let you catch him and if you do corner him he goes mental rosey and crowing like im trying to kill him .. So my problem is he is my Breeding cokerel and i dont know wether anyone knows but Large Fowl Chocolate orpingtons are very RARE and i cant afford to have him sent to the coop in the sky .. all opf my other chickens are not just freindly they are stupidly tame. when i kneel down they jump on my legs and fall asleep whilst having a tickle .. its always just been chocolate that has been the ( Bad Egg ) i hatched him myself and hand raised him ... and i want my son to enjoy our chickens as all of them are so lovely its just chocolate ..

Any Ideas ???
Taylor :)

Cluckyclaire

Re: Nasty Cockerel
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 20:57 »
Hi there, I don't have any cockerels but I read a great post on here about this, type 'Rastus' into the search box and should give you the post about how one keeper is trying to deal with this same issue, hope this helps and good luck!  :)

xx
nasty cockerel

Started by goldenchic on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post April 13, 2010, 08:46
by Sassy
xx
Is it safe to rehome a nasty cockerel

Started by Chicken sheila on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post July 22, 2013, 08:31
by Sassy
xx
Nasty Hen

Started by princesspoultry on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post August 08, 2010, 13:02
by Jeanette
xx
its getting nasty

Started by slowef on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post August 08, 2007, 11:37
by muntjac

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 28 queries.